Need restaurant recommendation for Juneau

2hapas

:) Can anyone recommend some good family restaurants to have lunch at in Juneau near the cruise docks? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some good food.

I imagine the restaurants get really crowded. About how long is the wait if eating at around 1:00p.m. w/o reservations?

We had lunch at The Twisted Fish restaurant which is right at the pier when the Serenade docked last September. Amazing fish and chips [and thats from someone who grew up in the UK] Prices are a bit higher but i think that is the same for all of Alaska. Nice restaurant though, very clean, lots of seating, and it was very very good food

Pete

MY DS will be finishing a bus tour at noon in Juneau and then taking a helicopter excursion through HAL at 1:30. Do you think she will have time to eat lunch on the ship, or should she eat in town. If she needs to eat in town, can anyone suggest a place that might be quick. Thanks

• 6 years later...

Seeing that this is a 6 year old post, I hope the person found their recommendation.

Now, to you Elizabeth C. Do you work for the restaurant you have now posted on every thread from over the years that mentions Juneau and restaurants? If so, please re-read the the sticky's at the top of this forum regarding recommendations.