Oh crap, I'm under the pool (#8144 Legend) !!!

RjayB

Well, I guess I should be happy about getting a 8I extended balcony on the Panorama deck when I only guaranteed an 8A, but looking at the deck plans #8144 on the Legend is right under the Camelot pool! :eek:

It's still 50ish days out, but from what i hear most of these cabin assignments stick.

So I have 2 questions for all of you that have stayed under the Lido before...

1) Just how bad is the noise from pool area above, keeping in mind we are not night-owls?

2) Has anyone ever contacted their PVP to get "downgraded" after being assigned a cabin?

I have never booked a guarantee before, but the cost this time made it necessary if we were going to stay on a balcony...now I'm regretting that decision.:(

Well, I guess I should be happy about getting a 8I extended balcony on the Panorama deck when I only guaranteed an 8A, but looking at the deck plans #8144 on the Legend is right under the Camelot pool! :eek:

It's still 50ish days out, but from what i hear most of these cabin assignments stick.

1) Just how bad is the noise from pool area above, keeping in mind we are not night-owls?

2) Has anyone ever contacted their PVP to get "downgraded" after being assigned a cabin?

I have never booked a guarantee before, but the cost this time made it necessary if we were going to stay on a balcony...now I'm regretting that decision.:(

Nothing to regret. You took a discounted price to allow Carnival to pick your cabin. You received an excellent upgrade. Enjoy!

I'd take it.:D And for a gty price;)

If you set out on the deck at night you can hear when the have a deck party. Remember the pools usually are closed by 10. It's the people that sleep in that say they can hear deck chairs scrapping in the am.

You could always call and ask you PVP NICELY if there is any chance you could be down graded to deck 7.

Not to worry! We were in 8169, a little further aft, and the only time we heard anything was very occasionally if we were on the balcony. Never heard noise inside the cabin. I'm subscribed to the Legend Questions thread and this question comes up alot. Almost every response says the same thing. So relax and enjoy! The extended balcony is great and it's nice to be so close to the Lido deck! And we weren't up really late at nite either. Generally in the cabin by midnite.

Have a great time! The ship, staff and ports were awesome! As you can tell by my siggy, we're sailing her again next year!:D

We were on Legend cabin 8148 last October. I was also worried about noise before the cruise. We did not notice any scrapping chair or pool noise. But we did LOVE the extended balcony and being one deck away from the lido.

Relax and enjoy!

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I certainly don't want to seem ungrateful for the upgrade...

A few chairs scraping every once in a while won't be a big deal...there's usually something in just about every cabin that is slightly disturbing (thrusters, shuddering, anchors, joggers, etc)...I just didn't want to have to deal with non-stop racket. :p

A few years ago we were on the Empress deck on the Fantasy right under the galley, and they were doing something everyday at 4am that was really noisy (woke us up every single day)! It was still a great cruise though :)

We were in cabin 8146 on the Pride which is the same layout as the Legend. We had absolutely no problem with noise. It was a great cabin.:)

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I certainly don't want to seem ungrateful for the upgrade...

A few chairs scraping every once in a while won't be a big deal...

Now you have the right attitude:D Enjoy your cruise and extended balconey.

Archived