How long does it take to unpack when u get home?

heatherandfred

I am notorious for not unpacking...I do remove dirty clothes and wash them but the odds and ends tend to sit in the suitcase in the corner of my bedroom untill the dust bunnies settle in....not sure why must be a denial thing...

• 2 weeks later...

When we pack to leave on the ship, I pack one suitcase full of our whites and the other one full of dark clothes. Then when I get home, I just open the suitcase and dump into the washer and voila! Washing right away. No sorting or anything. I bring a stain stick too and have it all prepped and ready to wash.

Doesn't take long as I don't really pack much.

When we pack to leave on the ship, I pack one suitcase full of our whites and the other one full of dark clothes. Then when I get home, I just open the suitcase and dump into the washer and voila! Washing right away. No sorting or anything. I bring a stain stick too and have it all prepped and ready to wash.

Doesn't take long as I don't really pack much.

You are a Genius!

Are you sure you aren't my mom?

• 3 weeks later...

When we travel we pack to go, seperately, her stuff in her bag and mine in my bag. But when repacking to come home it is totally different, one bag for all the dirties and the other suitcase for clean clothes, shoes etc. and souveneirs that way one bag goes to laundry room the other goes to bedroom for unpacking, which generally doesnt have many clean clothes in it.

Well, I don't have a choice ;-)

We live in FL, and my next cruise is just me. I'll be out of town on business, then go directly to Disney for 3 nights, then directly to the cruise. After the cruise I'm home 1 night and then away 5 nights for business. So, if I don't unpack & do laundry I'll be naked on the business trip, lol! Trust me - nobody wants that!

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

• 2 weeks later...

Before leaving the ship, I pack all clean clothes in one suitcase, and all dirty in another. I try to pack in piles according to how I will do the laundry when I get home.

When I get home, things are pretty easy to put in the laundry and put away the clean stuff. I am usually unpacked by noon the next day, including having all the laundry done.

• 2 months later...

Forever because I never do it. I'm in huge denial after my cruise so the bags stay packed with the luggage tags on it for months on end. I don't even miss the clothes. One day I'll open up a suitcase and I'll be excited because I've found something that I've forgotten about. :)

Forever because I never do it. I'm in huge denial after my cruise so the bags stay packed with the luggage tags on it for months on end. :)

I'm exactly like that. Hugely in denial....

Except for the things I reallly need most of it is kind of forgotten until the next cruise :rolleyes:

I'm exactly like that. Hugely in denial....

Except for the things I reallly need most of it is kind of forgotten until the next cruise :rolleyes:

Lol, me to. It's nice to know someone else is like that. After a while I go through the luggage and get so excited because I see all the clothes & shoes that I forgot I had.

ditto I'm the same way. :)

me too!

Now if we are coming form Florida, we usually get home late at night so the unpacking is the next day. If we leave from CA it is within a hour of returning. Of couse my wife and daughter are usually CRYING, and talking to others who went with us and trying to talk me into booking something a.s.a.p!

Tim

Me tooo...I am so pathetic, I'll keep the dirty clothes seperated during the cruise and toss them into the laundry when we get home, but I'll continue to leave the clean clothes in the suitcase and just remove them when I need them. It's sad, but I just can't bring myself to put them up:o

Archived