Military Discount ?

redhawk94

Me and the wife served about 5 years each in the regular Army in the 90s and was wondering if Carnival offers a discount for just being a vet and not active duty or retiree.

I already booked my cruise for May 17 and read a post on here that sounded like they do in fact give a military discount for being a vet.

Also, can it be combined with the past guest discount?

I probably won't be able to get any money off my currently booked cruise, but will try and it is nice to know for future cruises.

Me and the wife served about 5 years each in the regular Army in the 90s and was wondering if Carnival offers a discount for just being a vet and not active duty or retiree.

I already booked my cruise for May 17 and read a post on here that sounded like they do in fact give a military discount for being a vet.

I probably won't be able to get any money off my currently booked cruise, but will try and it is nice to know for future cruises.

Each discount has its own code, whichever one is cheaper (probably the military) is the rate you want. You have to fax in a form to Carnival but sounds like you should qualify. Id call whomever you booked thru and find out the military price. If prices have gone up since you booked, it might not be better, but couldnt hurt to ask.

You have to have only served 2 years--don't need to be active.

You will need to fax a copy of your DD-214 to the cruise line or your TA.

Military discounts can't be used on EVERY cruise. They will let you know if your cruise qualifies. Can't combine discounts.

Pat

Thanks for the replies and this is something I will remember when I book our next cruise.

Got off the phone with my PVP and he apoligized for the oversight as he said he should have asked if I was former military when booking the cruise. He did give us a little OBC for our trouble and I told him that was more than fair since I was already happy with the price we had.

He also told me that the military discount will beat the past guest discount 9 out of 10 times, and they can't be combined.

One other important tip he told me was that if you book within 60 days of your last cruise you will get an additional $50 off your next cruise on top of any discount.

You can't get the $50 off for booking within 60 days of last cruise with the military discount. We get the mil discount and asked about the $50 off and that is what our PVP told me.

You can't get the $50 off for booking within 60 days of last cruise with the military discount. We get the mil discount and asked about the $50 off and that is what our PVP told me.

My PVP just told me that the $50 off is on top of the MIlitary Discount. Guess I will find out once I book.

My PVP just told me that the $50 off is on top of the MIlitary Discount. Guess I will find out once I book.

Ohhhh you didnt say that the PVP also gave you a military discount, just that you got a OBC because the PVP didnt ask in the first place. Congrats. Now I get it.

Does anyone know when Carnival might be offering the Friends and Family Military Discount. In the past this has allowed the one receiving the Military discount to book two additional cabins for friends or family at the same discount. Anyone have any info as to when this might be offered???

:confused:

Our PVP just gave us the $50 discount when we booked another cruise within 60 days of our last cruise, and both are with the mil discount. Go figure.

Our PVP just gave us the $50 discount when we booked another cruise within 60 days of our last cruise, and both are with the mil discount. Go figure.

I did 4 years, and we get the discount.But we use an Interling company to ALWAYS get the discount.This maybe only in Canada but you can google it and see what happens

Archived