CB Balcony Door Question

amy417

Can anyone tell me what type of balcony doors are on the CB. Do they slide open and stay where you slide them? Or do they close when you let the door go? Also does the cabin air conditioning cycle off if the door is kept open for any length of time.

thanks

Can anyone tell me what type of balcony doors are on the CB. Do they slide open and stay where you slide them? Or do they close when you let the door go? Also does the cabin air conditioning cycle off if the door is kept open for any length of time.

thanks

The doors slide open and only will roll shut with the movement of the ship.

They can be locked in place by turning down the handle when the door is in the desired position.

The door does not have an AC switch, it will stay running. :)

thanks

From my experience on the CB, the balcony door does slide and it's relatively heavy. Ours stayed where you put it, but I can't say for all. Our cabin A/C wasn't affected by the balcony door being open...the cabin just got warmer and more humid if you left it wide open for a long period of time due to the outside air rushing in. IMHO the A/C is never cold enough, so we didn't leave to doors open too long.:)

IMHO the A/C is never cold enough, so we didn't leave to doors open too long.:)

I agree. One good tip is if you are not in the cabin close the curtains. This will keep the sun out and the room will stay cooler.

I agree. One good tip is if you are not in the cabin close the curtains. This will keep the sun out and the room will stay cooler.

We do that too....still not cold enough. That's why I stopped packing shawls.

Every Princess ship we have been on has had sliders. None of them self closed, none of them moved just by ship movement and a few you had to muscle to open or close.

We just got off CB and the doors slide very hard and stay open. Like was said you need muscle to close and open them. We left the A/C turned all the way down for the whole cruise. So the cabin was pretty comfortable, but not freezing.

Thanks everyone! Just needed to know how to keep that door open.. We love the sound of the ocean at night. Also being on the back of the ship mininmizes the air coming into the open door.

Archived