Knock Knock!!

Hello there!!

Is anyone in???

Well Mrs SSoS and myself have just booked on the Independence for the westbound transatlantic cruise in November 2009.

We got what believe is a belting price of £735 each for a prom cabin (D8) and can't wait to be honest. we have cruised before, only once mind, on the Arcadia last November around the Caribbean and loved it. we booked the Ventura for this November, which in all honesty was a bit hasty as my travel agent couldn't seem to find any 'freedom' class cruises for this winter??

Nevermind... it'll be nice to build up to the RCCL experience!!

I've been reading through all the reviews and tips etc and consuming it all with a ravenous appetite so keep it coming..

We'd particularly like to hear from someone that has done a November crossing before and people's opinions on the promenade cabins.. we're not balcony people so this seemed ideal for us...

Regards to all...

SunnySideofSale

Welcome aboard SSOS. WE will be on the Independence with you in Nov.

We have done both spring and fall crossings and have decided that perhaps the fall is better for weather--a bit warmer, etc. due to the warm seas. Have never done a promenade room so can't help you there. We did use our balcony however.

Welcome aboard SSOS. WE will be on the Independence with you in Nov.

We have done both spring and fall crossings and have decided that perhaps the fall is better for weather--a bit warmer, etc. due to the warm seas. Have never done a promenade room so can't help you there. We did use our balcony however.

No, you won't, Barbara, unless you haven't told us yet.

These guys are on the 2009 TA. :D

No, you won't, Barbara, unless you haven't told us yet.

These guys are on the 2009 TA. :D

well spotted!!:rolleyes:

be nice to hear how the 2008 crossing goes though, and is it me, or am i the only Brit on here?

great site all the same and i feel like i have already been on the cruise with the amount of info that's flowing around..

i wonder if RCCL will ever get all three 'freedoms' together a la the 'three queens' ... that would be one busy island wherever they ended up docking.

excellent!

i've just found the 'roll-call' thread too and found a lot of US based posters on there too.. that suits me as a total British ship can get a tad 'safe' at times...

to be honest i was suprised at the number too, with only one other Uk poster IIRC...

these 567 days are going to go real slow!!

It seems to me that the Meet and Mingles are some weighted towards folks from the Colonies. I'm sure there will be plenty of passengers from the UK if our past experience can be any sort of a guide. We did a TA from Barcelona to Miami last December and to be sure most passengers were from US/Canada, however, the UK was well represented.

A west bound TA from the UK is high on my list of "to do" cruises, perhaps we can fit it in in '09.

excellent!

i've just found the 'roll-call' thread too and found a lot of US based posters on there too.. that suits me as a total British ship can get a tad 'safe' at times...

to be honest i was suprised at the number too, with only one other Uk poster IIRC...

these 567 days are going to go real slow!!

Hang around CC - it will be time well spent! :)

Welcome to CC, from the husband of a born and bred Saleite:D

wow... i'm an immigrant to the locality, but if you're other half is in her mid 40's then my wife may know her as she's never lived anywhere else...

where in sale did she live???

Archived