Embassy Suites In FLL

coops

Does any one know the real answer to this? Does the Embassy Suites in FLL have views of the ships in port? One person said no and another said yes.

I hope you are reading this Toto2Kansas. You always seem to have the correct answers. LOL.

Please don't flame me for not posting this on the hotel boards as I wanted to find out here with my fellow princess cruisers.

Thanks Dawn

yes..you can see some of the ships, but only the upper decks of them, and not all ships in the port. You can not see the water.

we could see our ship the one time we stayed there from our south-facing room.

Does any one know the real answer to this? Does the Embassy Suites in FLL have views of the ships in port? One person said no and another said yes.

I hope you are reading this Toto2Kansas. You always seem to have the correct answers. LOL.

Please don't flame me for not posting this on the hotel boards as I wanted to find out here with my fellow princess cruisers.

Thanks Dawn

Just stayed there and spoke w/frequent guest in the elevator who told me yes......has to be room on certain side of the bldg. up on the higher floors. We were only on fl 5 so no view of port...........we took a great sightseeing cruise during our pre-cruise stay on the Carrie B which takes you right near Port Canaveral for an upclose view.....just a thought....you also get to see the New River, gorgeaous homes & yachts.....very nice!

I agree with the others here. You can get partial views from some rooms only, of the port and part of the ships. But there are no full view port rooms that I have ever seen at Embassy Suites on 17th Street (now, notice the 'that I have ever seen' comment). I would call the hotel and ask if there are any rooms/suites that would afford you the best view of the actual port as I know there are some that are better than others. Top floor, back side would be your best bet for any port views. If you booked direct, they might be able to reserve that special room for you. If you booked from a discount site, that might not be possible though.

FYI-Just booked the Embassy again for our January cruise. It is still one of our favorite hotels in that area as it has it all. Nice two room suites, cooked breakfast, managers cocktail party (complimentary) in the evening, nice pool area, shopping within a short walk, and lots of restaurants also within walking distance. And the best part, it is very close to the port so the taxi ride is quick and painless.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise last month, the east and some of the south side of the hotel can see Port Everglades partially on floors 11 and above.

We had a room on floor 11 on the 17th street side with no view, but they had a outside deck where you could view the city where we could partially see the Coral Princess.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many times. Only top floors rooms on the east side of the building have a view of the port. That view is simply the top portion of the ships in port. If you have a room on another side of the building, you can simply go to the top floor and look out floor to ceiling windows facing the east in the hallway on the top floor. Best viewing time would be before 4-5pm (as ships often leave around this time) or early in the morning on the day of the cruise. :D

I remember seeing Caribbean Princess, Zuiderdam and Century from the top floor pretty well as they were leaving the port (to not be able to return for 9 days! because of hurricane in 2004).

One thing though, even if you are a smoker, request non-smoking room. Our room had awfull stale smell and cigarettes butts on balconey. Other rgan that hotel was very nice, great pool, nice included breakfast. Free transfers from/to port and airport.

Thank you, good thing I kept it on my webshots page. :)

Keep in mind, ships are actually not that close to hotel, I had to use zoom.

Thanks to all of you for the information and the pics. Hopefully I can request a room with a view. If not , it still seems like a very nice hotel. Thanks again.

Dawn

You are very welcome.

If I remember correctly there was another hotel, right near the bridge and port. Reinessanse ( :o sp?), at that time it was under constructions.

Have a nice cruise and pre-cruise stay. :)

Yes that hotel is the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club. Very nice hotel but the price is 199.00 for the night and Embassy is 10.00 more a night. So I figured with the drinks and breakfast it was a no brainer. LOL. We stayed at the Grande a few times and I loved it. Nice views of the port , just across the street.

Dawn

We stayed at E. S. last July. Our balcony room faced the front of the hotel but Early on our departure morning, hubby walked down the hall to get me a coke and came back with this huge grin on his face. He took me down to a large window in the hallway. Oh my gosh! There was our ship and it was the biggest thing I ever saw!:eek: Have a wonderful time!

Yes that hotel is the Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club. Very nice hotel but the price is 199.00 for the night and Embassy is 10.00 more a night. So I figured with the drinks and breakfast it was a no brainer. LOL. We stayed at the Grande a few times and I loved it. Nice views of the port , just across the street.

Dawn

We allways buy Embassy on priceline because it's very easy. Only 2 3-stars in that area Embassy and Marriott. Never paid more than $70 with tax. ;)

I agree with the others here. You can get partial views from some rooms only, of the port and part of the ships. But there are no full view port rooms that I have ever seen at Embassy Suites on 17th Street (now, notice the 'that I have ever seen' comment). I would call the hotel and ask if there are any rooms/suites that would afford you the best view of the actual port as I know there are some that are better than others. Top floor, back side would be your best bet for any port views. If you booked direct, they might be able to reserve that special room for you. If you booked from a discount site, that might not be possible though.

FYI-Just booked the Embassy again for our January cruise. It is still one of our favorite hotels in that area as it has it all. Nice two room suites, cooked breakfast, managers cocktail party (complimentary) in the evening, nice pool area, shopping within a short walk, and lots of restaurants also within walking distance. And the best part, it is very close to the port so the taxi ride is quick and painless.

All this time I thought it was because I would be there?:p

Tatka,

Your the first I heard get the Embassy Suites on Priceline in a few years. When was the last time you recieved it thru priceline?

Dawn

2004, 2006.

They give only 2 choices for 3*** Downtown Fort Lauderdale. One of them Embassy. Both time were in August (bad season?).

Dawn

Just starting to look at our pre-cruise hotel for Jan. We're flying out two days before...we always like to stay at a top hotel. I've done some preliminary checking on both the FL Grande and Embassy but the price was way more than $199 and $209...where did you see those prices?

Cindy

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites April 4. A terrific venue with views of the port from both east- and south-facing rooms, I booked it last October, then about 30 days before we sailed, there was a $92.00 price drop! I have already booked a room for our April, 2009 cruise on the E.S website.:o

I have a quick question, Toto, et al...If we are staying close to the port the day/night before our cruise, can we get into the FLL port to look at the ships that are in there the day before we are leaving??

Will we be able to just drive in a "make a quick circuit" in our car?

I have a quick question, Toto, et al...If we are staying close to the port the day/night before our cruise, can we get into the FLL port to look at the ships that are in there the day before we are leaving??

Will we be able to just drive in a "make a quick circuit" in our car?

The port is a highly secure area, and to get into the port you have to drive through a security checkpoint where you have to show ID and sometimes your cruise ticket. You can try, but you might not be able to get it.

Cindy,

Thoses prices are for November 7, 2008. The Grande was 129.00 the following week when I booked it back it Jan but had to cancel due to the change of the Ruby Inugural switch. Maybe Jan is higher season, so the prices are higher. I called and booked it thru the hotels websites.

Dawn

I stayed at the Embassy Suites 3 weeks ago in April. We were on the 5th floor and could see much of the Port from our room. As others here have noted, you can go to the upper floors and step out on balconies that offer great views. It's a very pretty place to stay. Regarding prices, we booked our rooms through Princess and were satisfied with the price as well as the Princess transfer to the Port, which was included. Our fee included the rooms, evening cocktails, morning breakfast, and the transfer. Excellent.

Kruzrazkal

Archived