kids in the disco

dweill

My wife and i are taking our 3 1/2 year old daughter on our first cruise later this month. She loves music and to dance with me. Are we permitted to take her into the dance/disco places at night (at least before her 9pm bedtime)? thanks.

My wife and i are taking our 3 1/2 year old daughter on our first cruise later this month. She loves music and to dance with me. Are we permitted to take her into the dance/disco places at night (at least before her 9pm bedtime)? thanks.

They open the disco for the Camp Carnival teens from 9 - 10. I don't know if they will let you bring a toddler in.

I am not sure of the time- it maybe 10 or 11 and it becomes adults only and there is smoking...

Prior to this time its rap and teenagers.. I dont think its a good spot for a three year old...

:)

If you wouldn't take her to your local bar/dance club at home, I wouldn't take her to the disco on the ship (with the exception of the camp carnival party which sometimes is held in the disco). She'll have plenty of places and opportunities to listen to music and dance on the ship.

Camp Carnival has a family dance, usually on the first night. The past guest party, if you are past guests, has dancing. The captain's party has dancing. Keep her up late one night for the deck party. You should find plenty of times to dance with her that are more toddler appropriate.

You could bring a radio and dance with her in your cabin. :D

I think most adults would rather not have toddlers in the disco.

:cool: :cool: My thoughts exactly - there is a time and place for children and the disco is not one of them. Been there and done it - my kids could dance on the Lido, Camp Carnival and any where there is music and yes in your stateroom to their hearts content. My son, once he was 16 would go to parties on the Lido late at night and we would watch him on the TV having a blast. Much more age appropriate. The young ladies thought he was cool and would take him under their wing and dance with him until he dropped, he is 20 and still talks about it, really - give her time to enjoy the different aspects.:cool: :cool:

You guys will enjoy the Camp Carnival welcome dance party in the disco on the first night. Also, on formal night they have a Coke-tail party at the disco for the little ones, before dinner. Beyond that, the only time there is dancing in the disco is after 11 PM, and it's adults only. You will find opporunities to dance with her on the Lido Deck when the band is playing throughout the day, and also if they have the Mexican Buffet at 11 PM one night, there will be music and dancing on the Lido Deck during the buffet.

One of my complaints about Carnival is that there is very little entertainment of any kind before 9:00 except for the shows.

Agreed. And I have also filled out my comment card to say that I wish there were more family dance opportunities. We don't often travel with family but when we have it is so much fun to go dancing with my young nieces and nephew.:D

Agreed. And I have also filled out my comment card to say that I wish there were more family dance opportunities. We don't often travel with family but when we have it is so much fun to go dancing with my young nieces and nephew.:D

Just wondering if there are more opportunities for family dancing and other children events at more appropriate times of year, like during summer vacation and not when the kids are suppose to be in school. I was amazed to read in the rollcall for my mid May cruise that there are going to be a large number of kids on the cruise. I mean, it's only two weeks til school is out!! Why make the kids skip school so close to the end of the year?

Just wondering if there are more opportunities for family dancing and other children events at more appropriate times of year, like during summer vacation and not when the kids are suppose to be in school. I was amazed to read in the rollcall for my mid May cruise that there are going to be a large number of kids on the cruise. I mean, it's only two weeks til school is out!! Why make the kids skip school so close to the end of the year?

Why do you assume the kids are all in traditional schools? We were on the NCL Sun December 2 last year and there were over 30 homeschooled kids (including ours) on board. Yet another benefit of homeschooling - we can cruise during the off season ;)

The only exception I can think of is that the Liberty had a "happy hour" from 7-8:30pm in the disco that seemed to be a little more family oriented, but I haven't seen it on the other two ships I've been on. They would have themes - motown, 80s, latin, etc. and there was very little smoking and we saw all ages - including families with toddlers dancing. It was more of a spot to have a pre or post dinner drink and enjoy the music. But I don't know if any other ships have it. The disco will have camp activities at other times and opens for regular hours around 10pm but is 18 + anyway but the music and crowd there would definitely not be appropriate for a toddler.

Archived