Just back from Vision of the Seas..

We were quite busy... We don't book excursions via RCCL, I tend to ask those in our party what they would like to do and we take it from there.

In Cabo, 14 of us rented a van for a day, cost was $25 per person (seems pricey at first, but we did a lot), children free. We had the van for 5 hours or so. We went to a secluded beach to snorkel and swim, stayed there for about 2 hours. Then headed to Cabo Wabo, had a shot and left. Did some shopping, ate, shopped more and called it a day.

In Mazatlan, we went to Stone Island, we walked on our own to catch the water taxi (save money by walking, it's only 10 minutes away!). Price was $2.50 round trip. We hung out at Victors all day, GREAT FOOD and most meals are $8.00! You have to try the shrimp and mahi mahi!!!! We rented ATV's and did the banana boat. After that, we walked back and did some shopping and had a few drinks.

In Puerto Vallarta, we (12) rented a van, total price was only $150 for the ENTIRE day, so much cheaper than booking an excursion. We hung out at Krystal Hotel for two hours or so, some parasailed other swam at the resort. They do not charge to hang out, food is moderatly priced and good. Drinks are also well priced. From there, we did some shopping, stopped at MC DONALDS then took a trip to Mismaloya. From there we decided that we wanted to do the zip lines. We went to Los Veranos but they were closed. We then when to Chicos, they to were closing and we were running out of time. We made a deal to do 5 runs and paid $40 per person! We had a few beers and headed back to the the ship.

In summary and IMHO, there isn't to much to do in Cabo, but next time we would probably jet ski here. In Maztalan, we've been there and done that, this is why we chose Stone Island, we have never been there before. Next time, we might opt for some more shopping and hang out at a restort. In P/V, we wouldn't change a thing, maybe head over to zip lines earlier and work our way back..... oh well, we had a blast and they let you drink in the van, what else can you ask for!!

I suppose I could wait for your review, but since you asked . . .

Did you do any excursions? What were they . . . how did you like them?

Was on the Vision a few months ago, in Cabo we opted for the 4-wheel drive jeep excursion. It was a waste of time and money,. We have done this type of excursion in other ports and enjoyed them but this was was really nothing. Spent a lot of time in the desert and then in heavy traffic getting back.

Just my humble opinion.

Not sure if this was addressed to me, but yes, lol!

Yes it was addressed to you. I figured you could guess what I was talking about. Glad to hear that we didn't have any "man and teens kicked off ship" stories from your cruise.

Yes it was addressed to you. I figured you could guess what I was talking about. Glad to hear that we didn't have any "man and teens kicked off ship" stories from your cruise.

Ohhhhh, yes, I remember! No, they were all great, I had ZERO problems with the teens I took.. Like I said, they're great kids, plus I had them check-in periodically. They even learned that drinking is not that, lol ;) In Mexico, they got to experience a couple of cocktails, now they have no desire to drink! And yes, they are over 18, in case anyone wonders if I was contibuting to the delinquincy of a minor, lol!

How did you like the ship and your aft balcony cabin?

I think there's lots to do in Cabo, personally, although sometimes you have to bite the bullet and book through the cruiselines as the vendors are captive to them. The America's Cup Yacht race is great fun, as is kayaking to Lover's Beach, although crossing the harbor in the path of waverunners, fishing boats, cruise ships tenders and sea lions is quite an adventure.:eek: :D

By any chance, did you notice if they sold Tortuga Rum cakes in the store on the ship?

Yes! There were several favors and a variety pack, I planned on buying some but forgot! Thanks for reminding me!

I think there's lots to do in Cabo, personally, although sometimes you have to bite the bullet and book through the cruiselines as the vendors are captive to them. The America's Cup Yacht race is great fun, as is kayaking to Lover's Beach, although crossing the harbor in the path of waverunners, fishing boats, cruise ships tenders and sea lions is quite an adventure.:eek: :D

CChick, it was nice... We had a few parties on deck listening to music while leaving some of the ports.. I did notice that we didn't use it as often as we used to.. we used it maybe 3 days then that was about it. I MIGHT opt for an OV next time or two Insides... We are starting to spend more and more time outside of the room. Only ate breakfast ONCE in the room... spent a lot of time at the pool and bars while the wife shopped and spent money.

But it was FUN adventure, lol!!!:D

We had a BLAST! As a matter of fact, everyone in our group wants to go back to Mex. on the Mariner! One in our party ALREADY booked while we were on, another couple said that they would like to do another cruise before December (first time cruisers)! The teens in our group, they can't stop talking about it. My friend, the father of the kids I took, said that they had soooo much fun, more fun than on their first cruise! He cannot believe how much we did and his kids are forever greatful! They are going in a cruise in December on Carnival Splendor and want us to go with them... Who knows, I might send my kids with him this time!! ;)

My friend, the father of the kids I took, said that they had soooo much fun, more fun than on their first cruise! He cannot believe how much we did and his kids are forever greatful! They are going in a cruise in December on Carnival Splendor and want us to go with them... Who knows, I might send my kids with him this time!! ;)
:D So what are YOU going to do while you are kid free?;)

Yes! There were several favors and a variety pack, I planned on buying some but forgot! Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks for the response! I was hoping they sold them on the Vision, so I can get some more of them in Nov. I love the variety pack. They make good gifts, too!

We had a BLAST! As a matter of fact, everyone in our group wants to go back to Mex. on the Mariner! One in our party ALREADY booked while we were on, another couple said that they would like to do another cruise before December (first time cruisers)! The teens in our group, they can't stop talking about it. My friend, the father of the kids I took, said that they had soooo much fun, more fun than on their first cruise! He cannot believe how much we did and his kids are forever greatful! They are going in a cruise in December on Carnival Splendor and want us to go with them... Who knows, I might send my kids with him this time!! ;)

We've got a great group on the Mariner April 19th - a whole bunch are going that were on the April 21st Monarch. It is a really FUN crowd!!

In Puerto Vallarta, we (12) rented a van, total price was only $150 for the ENTIRE day, so much cheaper than booking an excursion. We hung out at Krystal Hotel for two hours or so, some parasailed other swam at the resort. They do not charge to hang out, food is moderatly priced and good. Drinks are also well priced. From there, we did some shopping, stopped at MC DONALDS then took a trip to Mismaloya. From there we decided that we wanted to do the zip lines. We went to Los Veranos but they were closed. We then when to Chicos, they to were closing and we were running out of time. We made a deal to do 5 runs and paid $40 per person! We had a few beers and headed back to the the ship.

I've been fascinated by McDonald's and their global presence. I've eaten in McDonald's in about a dozen countries and I always enjoy seeing the local variances on the menu. What did they have in Mexico that's not commonly seen in the US?

Good to hear some last minute reviews for the Vision as we leave on Mothers Day. We have an aft cabin for the first time and are looking forward to it. There are 9 of us going ages 2 years to my 83 year old father in law. We are celebrating my Grandson's 21st B'day and should have a great time. Should be an interesting group.:)

We've got a great group on the Mariner April 19th - a whole bunch are going that were on the April 21st Monarch. It is a really FUN crowd!!

So you guys are in for sure??? Maybe I'll bump it up a week!

I've been fascinated by McDonald's and their global presence. I've eaten in McDonald's in about a dozen countries and I always enjoy seeing the local variances on the menu. What did they have in Mexico that's not commonly seen in the US?

The toys were different in the Happy Meal! That's the only thing I noticed that was different. And hardly any ice in the Coke!

Good to hear some last minute reviews for the Vision as we leave on Mothers Day. We have an aft cabin for the first time and are looking forward to it. There are 9 of us going ages 2 years to my 83 year old father in law. We are celebrating my Grandson's 21st B'day and should have a great time. Should be an interesting group.:)

You'll love the Vision, it's a beautiful ship, I still can't beleive she's 10 years old. Also, you will notice some vibration in the aft area, plus you'll hear the music from the disco. It didn't bother us, but be forewarned that you WILL hear it and feel it!

Say hi to Prince Charles, he's the best! He works the pool area during the day bringing you drinks and the showrooms at night, always happy and singing and dancing, you can't miss him!

So you guys are in for sure??? Maybe I'll bump it up a week!

Yep, Merion Mom, Critterchick, myself, and a whole slew of friendly, fun people are booked on the April 19th Mariner. We had so much fun together on the Monarch, that we almost immediately all jumped ship to the Mariner. I am really looking forward to that one.;)

Here is a review of our Monarch cruise, if you haven't seen it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=763648&highlight=review+monarch

Archived