Dawn Princess Guest Laundry Facilities

luvtahiti

Has anyone used the guest laundry facilites on the Dawn reciently - since July, 2007? Question is are the washers and dryers free to use (buy the soap) or do you pay for the washer and dryer and the soap is free?

Thanks for the info!

On the Dawn you pay for the washers, dryers and the soap, at least we have always had to.

I sailed last April on the Dawn, as well as several times in the past, so not sure why July 2007 would effect the washer and dryer prices?

The only ships we have seen differently in recent years were the Tahitian, cost for use of the washers and dryers, free laundry detergent.

Sea Princess, free washers and dryers but you had to purchase the laundry detergent.

Is there something going on I haven't heard about in reguards to washers and dryers on Princess ships?

On the Dawn you pay for the washers, dryers and the soap, at least we have always had to.

I sailed last April on the Dawn, so not sure why July 2007 would effect the washer and dryer prices?

The only ships we have seen differently in recent years were the Tahitian, cost for use of the washers and dryers, free laundry detergent.

Sea Princess, free washers and dryers but you had to purchase the laundry detergent.

Is there something going on I haven't heard about in reguards to washers and dryers on Princess ships?

Thanks, Toto2

Nothing going on I know about. Just wanted to know how the Dawn has their guest laundry set up, as we will be using it a lot in our 59 days aboard this Fall. I picked July because I wanted a reply from someone who had sailed on the Dawn recently. The ships do change things from time-to-time.:)

They are not free. We just got off the Dawn and dh did some laundry. We paid for soap, washer and dryer. I think he said the washer was $1.00, but will double check prices and repost. He is not home now.

Marie

Well, we have sailed on the Dawn several times and the self service laundry rooms have never changed in that time onboard. Hopefully you can find someone that has sailed recently, but I really doubt they will change it before your cruise. But with Princess, you just never know do you? LOL

Update: 75 cents each for washer and dryer. $1.00 for laundry detergent.

Marie

This is correct..just off. Plan at least 2 dryer cycles. I did med size load and had to do dryer twice with both to get them dry. I was also able to get pkts of liquid tide (one load) at WalMart for .40 also bring your own dryer sheets in a ziplock

Archived