Movie Theatre

nimiq

Hello all,

We will be on the Westerdam in November and was wondering if there is a specific room for movies being shown or is it just in the show room ?

Rdgds

Eric

Only the Prinsendam, the four "S"-class vessels (Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam) and the four "R"-class vessels (Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and Amsterdam) have a dedicated movie theater called the Wajang Theater (since the Signature of Excellent enhancements, also used as the Culinary Arts Center and therefor, unfortunately, no more matinee movie showings).

The four Vista's (incl. your Westerdam) and the two Signature-class vessels do/will not have a dedicated movie theater but they are showing movies in the Queen's Lounge, a smaller "cabaret-style" lounge. Unlike the Wajang, sight lines from certain seats are not that good in there

Only the Prinsendam, the four "S"-class vessels (Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam) and the four "R"-class vessels (Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam and Amsterdam) have a dedicated movie theater called the Wajang Theater (since the Signature of Excellent enhancements, also used as the Culinary Arts Center and therefor, unfortunately, no more matinee movie showings).

The four Vista's (incl. your Westerdam) and the two Signature-class vessels do/will not have a dedicated movie theater but they are showing movies in the Queen's Lounge, a smaller "cabaret-style" lounge. Unlike the Wajang, sight lines from certain seats are not that good in there

Two or maybe three times max on the Vista Class Zuiderdam 15Mar FLL-ROM cruise, the Vista Lounge was used for late movie screenings, 1015 or 1030PM, with a larger screen than used in either Wajang or Queens.

On the Zuiderdam they showed movies in the Queen's Lounge, I found the seats there to be very uncomfortable to watch movies. I wish they would go back to the dedicated theatre's.

Just FYI - I know it's not the same thing - but there are two or three movie channels on the stateroom TVs, plus DVDs for rent in the library (or you can bring your own).

Actually the Eurodam will have an area called the Screening Room, which will just handle movies, and this area was also put into the Zuiderdam during the recent drydock.

The Queens Lounge is an OKAY venue for movies, but not the most ideal...

Can't wait to see what it looks like through photos of some recent cruisers!

Actually the Eurodam will have an area called the Screening Room, which will just handle movies, and this area was also put into the Zuiderdam during the recent drydock...............

Any idea where (deck) that room is at and how many pax it holds?

Just FYI - I know it's not the same thing - but there are two or three movie channels on the stateroom TVs, plus DVDs for rent in the library (or you can bring your own).

are these complimentary or is there a charge to rent these?

If not renting the DVDs, one can certainly opt for the movies shown on 2 or 3 of the television stations. These are practically first run and are very enjoyable to watch from bed with a nosh from room service.

thanks to all ..but a bit disapointed as I always prefer dedicated theatre's on cruise line....they should have them on all ships

Rgds

Eric

They should also have a Lido Buffet at my local Pacific 12. But they don't. :-)

The Regal Princess has a very nice fairly large screen movie venue.

Archived