Travel Insurance with Carnival

After numerous attempts trying to search I had to make a post for this. Sorry as I'm sure this is a question that's beat to death.

I'm looking at taking a Carnival cruise in September. I'm also a diabetic and contact with my insurance they will not cover me out of the country. Therefore it's pretty simple that I must get travel's insurance in case anything happens. What I'm wondering is is it better to go through Carnival or through someone else? I don't see Carnival going out of business any time soon so I doubt that will be a problem.

I think I saw some mention on here to look at like insuremytrip however that was all just too confusing to me with too many plans. It seems like it would be simplest to just book through the cruiseline.

So, pros or cons to Carnival's travel insurance?

FYI...when I tried to search it kept saying

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards9.cruisecritic.com\includes\class_core.php on line 3019"

Whatever that means.

You will probably get better coverage with a private insurance provider. Visit www.insuremytrip.com to do a comparison contrast among several policies from different providers. Make sure you read the pre-existing condition clauses. Meaning to qualify, you must purchase the insurance withing a certain period after booking your cruise. Usually, but not always, 14 days.

I doubt that Carnival has their own insurance company. I would bet they just act as a go between for one of the larger companies, and put an extra 10%-15% for profit.

While some of the sites may list 20+ insurance plans, 15 can be crossed off riht away because they are for special circumstance, professional travelers or for multi-vacations within the same year type policies. As I recall, I narrowed down the choice to 2 within 5 minutes.

Now can someone help explain the pre-existing part on the medical clause? I'm a diabetic and have been for 25 years. I haven't had a medical problem with it in over 5 years, however, I want to play it safe. I'd rather spend say $50 now than $10,000 later.

So what does it mean when they say there's 180 day pre-existing clause?

Archived