For all those who think Crocs are fugly - WOW!

SarahQ

Some of them are cute, some are a bit over the top. The gold flats that tie up the leg are a bit too Star Wars for me. I wonder if they are comfy...I've never thought crocs were at all comfy and I know I'm in the minority...

You're right about them not looking like regular Crocs. Most of the styles don't do much for me personally; I don't often buy patent finish shoes, most of the heels are too high for my flat feet and too many have ankle straps and I'm not tall enough to look good in them. They all seem to be over $100 also, even the skimmers. I would like to try them in a store to see if they are comfortable.

Some of them are cute, some are a bit over the top. The gold flats that tie up the leg are a bit too Star Wars for me. I wonder if they are comfy...I've never thought crocs were at all comfy and I know I'm in the minority...

I am with you! I hate the way that material sticks to my feet...YUK! I asked my 7 year old grandson if he wanted a pair & he said "Get real, Jan!!" LOL

Jan

I tried the originals purely for on the beach and found them so uncomfortable, my feet just slipped around all over the place.

Whilst I quite like this type of footwear, the gold ones look cheap in the picture IMHO. They might look cute on a little girl, but not on an adult. Of course they may look better in real life.

Some of the shoe look ok, I particularly liked the look of the red ones.

They definitely are not as fugly as the originals, but I didn't see a single pair that I would wear.

I thought the company was in serious financial trouble and losing big bucks. I don't like to see any company fail, so I do hope they are successful with a better looking line.

I took a second look and probably the only ones I "might" wear would be the yellow cork wedges. Hopefully they'll come out with some cuter, lighter looking styles with less patent. And they need to come down in price a bit too.

I don't see a single pair I would call cute. Most are rather chunky-clunky looking, and I don't like the gladiator look of the sandals. Also priced way too high. I figured it was only a matter of time until they tried to cross over into a more mainstream look, but they aren't there for me, not yet. I will say that I keep trying them on, when I see a new style, but most I find to be uncomfortable and ugly. I did try on one of their flip-flop styles, and they were okay. But still not as comfy as my Reefs.

Nope....still not a fan. Especially at those prices.

They might work for a younger person in their teens or early 20's....but they either look too big and chunky or just too trendy for my taste.

Just got an email from Crocs today about their new line...

All I can say is Wow Wow WOW! So cute I can barely stand it :)

Check it out here: http://www.youbycrocs.com

For starters, they arent' crocs. They are YOU by Crocs.

Crocs are still ugly.

Thanks for the link!

Gee, thanks for the clarification, but I'm not sure why it's necessary. Who said they were Crocs? Did I miss something?

For starters, they arent' crocs. They are YOU by Crocs.

Crocs are still ugly.

Thanks for the link!

I think I'm the proud owner of some of the ugliest Crocs in Christendom, Olive Green with an Orange strap.

I wear them for yard work and gardening here in SE TX. My feet slop around in them and they don't keep out fire ants worth a damn, but you can wash them out with a hose.

I think I'm the proud owner of some of the ugliest Crocs in Christendom, Olive Green with an Orange strap.

I wear them for yard work and gardening here in SE TX. My feet slop around in them and they don't keep out fire ants worth a damn, but you can wash them out with a hose.

Yes, but I have these garden shoes by Benesto that are not outrageously wide like Crocs, no holes for the ants and I hose them out as well. Plus, I think they're more attractive than Crocs, just rubber clogs, comfy too. I've been wearing them YEARS before Crocs appeared.:p Mine have the colors reversed.

gardenashoe.JPG

I have never worn crocs and never will. When I dress I try to look

like a I have spent some time on my appearance and try to look

more becoming instead of uglier. In my opinion, the crocs don't do

anything to improve a person's appearance. They are not flattering

or feminine at all. The new You shoes by crocs are a little different

but I don't see myself wearing them either.:)

I have never worn crocs and never will. When I dress I try to look

like a I have spent some time on my appearance and try to look

more becoming instead of uglier. In my opinion, the crocs don't do

anything to improve a person's appearance. They are not flattering

or feminine at all. The new You shoes by crocs are a little different

but I don't see myself wearing them either.:)

Crocs have their place, I see a lot of teen girls wearing them on the way to/from their sporting events where they change in to/out of their cleats. In my area I don't really see anyone else wearing them anymore. Around here the people we see still wearing them shopping or generally out in public are also the ones who are still wearing their blue tooth while shopping or whatever :eek: Nothing sillier in my mind than someone walking around with the thing on their ear, so importantly waiting for a call or chatting away when their hands are free!

No offense meant to anyone...I use a bluetooth but only in the car and only b'c with one good hand I can't afford to be trying to drive and use the phone at the same time with the one good hand! But I'd rather die than walk around with the thing...

Poor Sarah loves these shoes and here we all are stomping all over them :p

Sorry Sarah!

LOL - no worries Jungle Jane, I'm not that sensitive ;)

While i do think they are totally cute (chunky is my style, so that would explain it) I also think the price is high - they might be worth it, but at that price I won't be finding out unfortunately.

Knowing how big the Crocs discussion has been on this board, I thought I should post the link, just for interests sake.

Of course, they aren't really Crocs as everyone knows them, but even some of the shoes that standard Crocs line has now are pretty cute - that said, I won't go there since we've had plenty of threads on that!

To each their own, of course!

Archived