Halifax - Duck Tours

I was wondering if anyone could answer this - We will be in Halifax on June 26, if we wanted to take a Duck tour (not through the cruiseline) would we able to walk to the tour from the dock?

Yes, the duck tours book out of a little building that is fairly close to the Maritime Museum. Maybe a 10- 15 minutes walk from where you dock. They were just getting going for the season when I stopped in to talk to them last week.

I would compare prices and see how much you would actually save before making a decision.

The duck tours show your some of the city and a bit of the Harbour. They seemed like very nice people.

The walkway is called the BoardWalk and is to your right as you exit the cruise pier.

Sometimes it is crushed granite, sometimes it is pavement and sometimes it was wood, but is always called the BoardWalk. It is easy walking.

After you walk past the tug boat docks you will come to a series of little white buildings that are to your right along the BoardWalk. One of those belongs to the Duck.

You can GOOGLE map the whole thing.

What I don't know is where you actually board the Duck.

My husband and sons took the duck tour 2 years ago; boarding was right next to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, not very far from the ticket booth. It is much less expensive than going through the cruise line; you just may not be able to take some of the earliest tours, since the cruise line may have booked them. Our tour was around 2 in the afternoon (I was on Theodore Tugboat with our youngest son around the same time).

Book it on your own. We did and somewhere I got a coupon for the tour. It was even cheaper than the price posted. We enjoyed the tour 2 years ago.

What they do is give you a time for your tour. We walked around, had a Tim Horton's coffee, and then were able to go on the tour. We did not rush off ship and only booked after leisurely making our way over.

Have fun. I am on the sailing after yours.

Archived