Pacific Princess

shifty

Has anyone been on the Pacific Princess? We are considering the PP from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus Brazil (1/2/09). We've been on several Princess cruises & love it. We've also been on several Oceania cruises that appear to have the same size/type ship. How old is the PP? Is there nightly entertainment, etc? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Mike S

We're considering this ship from Venice to Manaus. I think it will be fine for me, but my husband might go a little stir crazy. We've been on it (or very similar) back when it was a Renaissance Cruise Line ship. Then we had a port every day but one, so it was fine. Six days at sea, though, we're afraid might be a bit much, as we like to be physically active, and I don't remember there being much room for things like paddle ball, etc. I know there's a gym, but we prefer our exercise through recreation. And the pools were definitely not for swimming. I know Princess changed it's layout somewhat, but I don't know how much. Hopefully a larger pool!

I don't recall its age, and am too lazy to "google" it, but Pacific Princess is a sister of the Oceania ships (and the two Azamara ships).

We were on Pacific Princess 11-03, Papeete to Sydney, and thought it very nice.

We've been on two of the three of the Oceania ships' we like that size ship very much.

We were on the Pacific in 2005, and sisters Tahitian in 2006 (and again this July) and Royal in 2007. We love the smaller ships. Yes, there are less activities. But you get to know the passengers and staff so much better than on the mega ships.

I don't recall its age, and am too lazy to "google" it, but Pacific Princess is a sister of the Oceania ships (and the two Azamara ships).

We were on Pacific Princess 11-03, Papeete to Sydney, and thought it very nice.

We've been on two of the three of the Oceania ships we like that size ship very much.

The Pacific is a wonderful ship. We were on it Nov. 07 on a 12 day Tahiti to Hawaii cruise. We had 5 sea days (or 4 1/2 if you count the few hours at Christmas Island) in a row.

There were always lots of activities to do. Some involved the pool, but there were paddle tennis tournaments, too.

There was nightly entertainment in the lounge - one night it would be a Vegas/B-way type musical show - other nights there would be a comedian - we even had a magician. The 2nd seating dinner crowd usually had their show prior to dinner and the 1st seating crowd had their show after dinner.

The ship was very quiet after 11 p.m. or so - there never was much action in the disco.

Nevertheless, the ship was great - I think the trip was one of the best cruises we've ever taken.

The Pacific is a wonderful ship. We were on it Nov. 07 on a 12 day Tahiti to Hawaii cruise. We had 5 sea days (or 4 1/2 if you count the few hours at Christmas Island) in a row.

There were always lots of activities to do. Some involved the pool, but there were paddle tennis tournaments, too.

You're talking ping pong, not actual paddle tennis, right?

And was the pool actually long enough to swim in? When it was a Renaissance ship, the pool was just large enough to hold a bunch of people standing in it.

And was the pool actually long enough to swim in? When it was a Renaissance ship, the pool was just large enough to hold a bunch of people standing in it.

Picture is of the pool on the Tahitian Princess. I assume that the pool size is the same on the Pacific Princess.

487091602_00312_11.07Poolarealookingforwarddeck9100_7930.jpg.38bc9f2f1a87a51f180b58d89f10a0dc.jpg

Hi, I haven't been on the Pacific Princess ship but have been researching it and the Tahitian Princess, it's twin. Both were launched in 1999. I know the Tahitian Princess was refurbished in 2002 but don't know about the Pacific Princess. They look exactly the same if you look at interior photos. Looks like a truly beautiful ship. :rolleyes:

Have been on the PACIFIC twice (1st time when it was the R3 and owned by Renaissance) and leaving again on her next month. Love the ship - yes it is small but intimate and we have always found there is plenty to do. We did a 28 days cruise on her two years ago which included 8 straight days at sea - very rough seas, and she handled it fine. She looked like brand new and seemed to be very well kept.

Whoops - I meant table tennis (ping pong, whatever). The pool is small but you can swim in it. The ship had ferocious games of pool volleyball in it. :D

Whoops - I meant table tennis (ping pong, whatever). The pool is small but you can swim in it. The ship had ferocious games of pool volleyball in it. :D

Assuming it is the same as on the Tahitian Princess, there is one table tennis table available per the attached picture.

2139646039_00812_12.07PingPongdeck9100_8152.jpg.c129a4f0e261e4e50a0f9b1de9acea1f.jpg

Archived