luggage tags---VIP

vegasmann

I sailed last week with a friend that was VIP, and it was on the luggage tags, don't know why yours doesn't say it. Maybe check with Carnival to make sure they have you down for VIP.

:) thanks for such a quick response, have sent email to carnival to sort as we had VIP tags in dec, so hopefully it will get sorted, just thought maybe they possible dont do vip tags anymore.

HI, are carnival not putting VIP on luggage tags anymore, I am about to print ours but No VIP on them, this is my 11th cruise and my sons 10th.

many thanks

Chances are your cruise history isn't updated. Log on to carnival and check your cruise history.

Fred

Cruise history is all up to date, for me and my son, so i am just waiting to hear back from carnival as i have sent email. I know its not important, but I look forward to the VIP check in etc and dont want to get there and have problems. In dec when checking in at Miami this was my 10 cruise they said VIP did not start till 11th cruise I had three carnival check in girls in the VIP area and they all told me I was wrong (have complained to carnval direct about this ) I knew I was correct but it was horrible being accused in the VIP area of being wrong when I knew I was right!!

Sounds like you are really running into bad luck. Leaving next week on our tenth Carnival cruise (Platinum!!)...In early April I noticed they missed a cruise we took on the Carnivale in 1993. Sent them my proof of cruise (old bill) and they immediately added to my Past History. Pulledd up my E-doc's and the luggage tags show VIP on them... So kudo's to Carnival for their quick attention to adding my missed cruise onto my history and more importantly ensuring I am Platinum status for my upcoming cruise.

If you use VIP check in, they may ask to see some proof. A luggage tag is one of the easiest ways.

Thats what I was thinking also, in Miami they stopped me and I showed them my carry-0n luggage tag that said VIP and they let me by.

Fred

Cruise history is all up to date, for me and my son, so i am just waiting to hear back from carnival as i have sent email.

They dropped the ball on that one, but its a quick fix online. Just refresh your eDocs and it should be there.

Fred

Thats what I was thinking also, in Miami they stopped me and I showed them my carry-0n luggage tag that said VIP and they let me by.

Fred

Thanks for the tip, I'll print out a copy of the photo you posted, should get me right in. :D :p

I called carnival about the vip tags. They told me that just because there are vip tags on your baggage it does not mean that your baggage will be delivered to your cabin faster. If that is the case then why have vip tags?

Gary

I have been on many cruises as you can all see by my posts. I have never gotten those VIP tags I have seen posted.. Maybe I have been lazy and not asked my TA why I have not gotten them.

Does it matter how many are in the room I am allways VIP and my friends in the same room are not.

DOes it make a diffrence in how fast you get your bags.

We all learn new things and I guess this will be my lessin in luggage tags

I have been on many cruises as you can all see by my posts. I have never gotten those VIP tags I have seen posted.. Maybe I have been lazy and not asked my TA why I have not gotten them.

Does it matter how many are in the room I am allways VIP and my friends in the same room are not.

I never have used E docs does that make a diffrence

Thank you all for your help Justin

I never have used E docs does that make a diffrence

Thank you all for your help Justin

Justin,

You should be able to get the VIP luggage tags because you are Platinum(10 or more sailings on Carnival) but you can also get VIP if you are in a Suite Cat 11 or 12.

TY I talked to my TA today and she did not know either.. Than she asked my why I never asked. I told her I could careless when my luggage gets to my room as long as I have my VIP check in and drinks I am happy.

I will let you know when I get my docs if I got them. I have a collection of VIP tags from gettin off the boat

JD

I called carnival about the vip tags. They told me that just because there are vip tags on your baggage it does not mean that your baggage will be delivered to your cabin faster. If that is the case then why have vip tags?

Gary

Thats right, and you need to have VIP on your Docs don't matter about your tags. Anybody can get tags or make your own. Not that the VIP for embarking is that big a deal anymore. JMO from the last 2 cruises.

Archived