Airfare Fuel Surcharge

verga

I have an airfare group booking (Vancouver to Barcelona return) with Air Canada for my family group and was about to pay our $100 pp deposit yesterday when I was told by the AC rep that there is another fuel surcharge effective May 14th or May 15th which would increase our airfare cost by approx $100 pp. He suggested that if I know the passengers' names now to have their tickets issued before the fuel surcharge comes into effect. So.... I am getting all the tickets issued today.

Any such fuel surcharge being implemeted in airlines other than Air Canada in the next month or so?

Any such fuel surcharge being implemeted in airlines other than Air Canada in the next month or so?
Airline fuel surcharges (or increases in fuel surcharges) are usually implemented with only a few days' advance warning - if there is any advance warning at all.

Is your price protected if you're booked and paid before the charge is implemented? Just curious.

Our group airfare price is based on base fare + estimated taxes/fees so we are not protected from additional fuel surcharge.

Our group airfare price is based on base fare + estimated taxes/fees so we are not protected from additional fuel surcharge.

I think that's normal procedure for group bookings but I'm referring to individual bookings that were previously paid in full. Anyone know?

Archived