Crown Princess ~ Beds and Pillows

mystic51

Could someone please tell me whether or not the Crown Princess has upgraded bedding? Mattress etc. Also, do they have a "pillow menu".. specifically down pillows available. If they do not have upgraded mattresses, could someone give me the email contact at Princess to request an egg crate in advance. I'm not sure if it matters, but we will be in a balcony cabine, not a mini-suite.. Thank you for your help.

The Crown was the first ship built with the new bedding as the ship standard. I don't recall a pillow menu but you can request extra pillows. The bedding and pillows were very comfortable.

You won't need the egg crate - the bedding is extremel comfortable. It is the only cruise ship I've been on that the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home.

If you think you need one when you get there, you can simply ask your steward for it. We had faxed a request for the egg crate and they didn't provide it anyway, but we didn't need it.

Just got off crown a week ago today :cool:

Bedding was on the firm end of the spectrum, but perfectly comfortable (better than what Star had 4/07). Pillows were also very comfortable imho. DW has 2 down pillows at home, and never made any comments about the pillows in the cabin. I don't think you'll need an egg crate cushion unless you like your bed really soft.

Mini suites there was a pillow menu- not much too choose from though. And in regards to the beds- hated the mattress! We have a sleep number bed at home, so I guess I alittle spoiled by my mattress!

You won't need the egg crate - the bedding is extremel comfortable. It is the only cruise ship I've been on that the bed was more comfortable than my bed at home.

Agree!! We found the beds to be really comfortable and slept like babies:)

Thank you for your help... I also take my pillow with me since I can not stand a foam pillow and always use down. However, with the new policies with airlines, I would prefer to use the space in my suitcase for something else.

Thank you for your help... I also take my pillow with me since I can not stand a foam pillow and always use down. However, with the new policies with airlines, I would prefer to use the space in my suitcase for something else.

With so many airlines charging for a second bag, you would be wise to leave your pillow at home unless you take it as a carry on.

Archived