"plush" size, need formal wear imput

babchia

How about this dress - no arms showing. http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Candlelight-and-Champagneandreg-Rhinestone-circle-trimmed-dress.aspx?PfId=118652&DeptId=9304&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0or this one

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Candlelight-and-Champagne-Lace-trapeze-dress.aspx?PfId=117981&DeptId=9304&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0

and while we're here - these suits are very flattering http://www.womanwithin.com/department.aspx?DeptId=9290&12PerPage=1

I've ordered from this catalog before - if you normally wear a size 26, I would order a 24 or maybe even a 22 - they run big.

Find something you will feel pretty in and enjoy yourself!

I agree , order a smaller size , I ordered from them and had to go two sizes smaller than I buy in a store. Good Luck , have a great time.

Cori

Its really cute.. my only dilemma is wearing something black over navy. I don't like doing it because it looks like you did it accidently. I don't know what other color to pair with it though :(

Hi Jen,

I haven't been able to view any of the clothing from this thread, but why not just drop into the $10 or $15 boutique on the ship and pick up a pashmina - maybe in ivory (?) to go over a navy dress?

I am one of the larger ladies here, and wear about a 26. I am ging on a 9 night cruise on RCCL to Bermuda and other islands. I know I will need a formal style outfit. Nut have some dilemmas.

I do not really like to expose my upper arms that much. Many of the formal styles do. I know I can wear a shawl/wrap/ whatever. Heck, I've even made a few, sewn and knit. But, I am trying to find a dress. I know it's clearance time for prom wear, so I will be shopping.

I also wear orthotics (sic) in my shoes. Wearing heels is really uncomfortable, even after just a few minutes. What about a dressy pants outfit?

I have some of the "slinky" kind of fabric separates, and will bring them. They pack/travel well and can be hand washed, hang to dry. I have to go through my clothes yet, so am just starting. I have to move fast though, as the cruise leaves Bayonne on 6/19!

Then of course, there's the swimsuit issue. I have to shop for one, but hate it.

Oh, well, shopping for a cruise is much more fun than shopping for work! LOL

Any other "plush" ladies out there, maybe even going on the same cruise?

Hi,

I'm size 3X and I found some wonderful cruise clothes at a consignment store that handles upper- end clothing. Lots of "Slinky" brand pants, tops and jackets, a sequined cocktail dress with a slight sleeve, some sparkly toppers,etc. As far as a bathing suit, what woman ever likes herself in one? You'd be amazed what you can find with a little creative shopping.

Thank you so much for this site! I have a pair of black velvet pants and shell - ordered a beautiful Spencer Alexis jacket in reds and gold to wear with it for our Alaska cruise in August. I have some 3" heels in sparkly gold faux snakeskin that should wrap up the outfit (with some dazzling gold jewelry).

I also found a beautiful long gown for under $100 on the www.nexteve.com site - thanks to whoever recommended that site as well!:)

Hi Pollyanna,

Which cruise line are you taking to AK in August? I'll be on Celebrity Infinity, Seattle to AK on August 7th.

Archived