Ice cream on QM2

Summergee

You are in luck. there are at least two (maybe three) machines in Kings Court. They dispense chocolate and vanilla and the requisite combo of the two. There is always one running 24/7.

This was my 7 year old's highlight of her culinary experience on board.

Rank me right up there with the 7 year olds - sometimes it is just the simple things! Ice cream is my weakness - one of my favorite things in the Dining Room - if I don't see anything that strikes my fancy on all the wonderful dessert offerings - is to ask them to bring me ice cream - and naturally they present it so beautifully!

Ice-cream - totally agree but if we are talking chocolate, its gotta to be proper Chocolate ice-cream and not the awful brown stuff they stick on (cheap and nasty) neopolitan icecream in the UK.

I have 2 things I want to do on my day-trip to New York: Go to the Skyscraper museum and find a decent ice-cream soda (American green cream soda and vanilla ice-cream).

J

The favorite places on the Queen Mary 2 for my wife, Loretta, are the self serve ice cream machines in Kings Court.

She is able to make a beautiful swirl of vanilla and chocolate into a cone with a little twist at the top. They look better than Dairy Queen and Carvel. I do not like to fight with ice cream dripping down a cone, so I make mine in a coffee cup.

We visit the ice cream machines quite often during the day, especially when it is a day at sea and you sit in the little alcoves that extend out onto the Promenade Deck from Kings Court. Sitting at a table there while enjoying your ice cream and looking out at the ocean is heaven on the high seas.

Terrence (getting hungry for Kings Court ice cream)

The Boardwalk Cafe on deck 12 also has a self service machine for ice cream. I think I remember 2 or even 3 different flavours - one was vanilla but the others?

But so what - just enjoy it.

Michael

Archived