Anyone else get the post-cruise "dizzies"?

Ldyandrea

Add me to the list, last year after our cruise it took me over a week, but it turned out I also got sick had a viral infection that cause the muscle to swell around the main blood vessel in my neck it also cause me to loose my voice too had to take a week off work.

Christine

I have never had these after effects that I hear all you people talking about but have alway thought that I would pay anything to have someone invent something that would make my bed move back and forth in the slow motion of the ocean. Feel free to email me if you can help me.

I have never had these after effects that I hear all you people talking about but have alway thought that I would pay anything to have someone invent something that would make my bed move back and forth in the slow motion of the ocean. Feel free to email me if you can help me.

Have you tried a waterbed:D :D

Yep I got it too... its been almost a week and I still feel like Im swaying back and forth... and I never get motion sickness while Im moving on the ship or in a plane.... So far the only time Ive felt better is while Im in the car driving.....

Gas is too expensive to just go driving around. Hit 4.00 a gallon today by my house.

OK, I am NOT crazy!! Although we got back from our cruise on Sunday morning, we just returned home today (spent a couple of extra days in FL). I told my DH that I had the feeling that I was still on the ship! It was so bad the first day that I could have sworn that FL was having small earthquake tremors:confused:! I figured that it had to be because of the ship but DH never felt it at all. And I'm still feeling that sensation! I am so glad that I came across this post - now I know that the 'swaying' feeling is something that I was imagining.

OK, I am NOT crazy!! Although we got back from our cruise on Sunday morning, we just returned home today (spent a couple of extra days in FL). I told my DH that I had the feeling that I was still on the ship! It was so bad the first day that I could have sworn that FL was having small earthquake tremors:confused:! I figured that it had to be because of the ship but DH never felt it at all. And I'm still feeling that sensation! I am so glad that I came across this post - now I know that the 'swaying' feeling is something that I was imagining.

And we had the smoothest seas Ive ever experienced.... Im kind of surprised its lasted this long too.

Yep I got it too... its been almost a week and I still feel like Im swaying back and forth... and I never get motion sickness while Im moving on the ship or in a plane.... So far the only time Ive felt better is while Im in the car driving.....

Gas is too expensive to just go driving around. Hit 4.00 a gallon today by my house.

If you live in the NYC metro area, try taking the train -- it helps me! :D

Mal de Debarquement can be a pain in the wazoo, but sometimes and for some folks, you can get hit with BPPV - Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - where a small calcium "stone" or crystal in your ear labyrinth breaks away and falls into your semi-circular canals.

I find it happens to me about once a year after a cruise, especially if I've gone through rough water. The dizziness and nausea can last for months unless you undergo some acrobatic therapy deisgned to roll the stones into a more benign location.

I got this after my first cruise when we had really bad weather crossing the bay of biscay. I had normal "swaying" for about 1 week post cruise but then steadily became worse. It got to the point that driving to work I often had to stop as I became car sick (something that has never happened to me as a driver!!)it was awful and the nausea started as soon as you awoke in the morning.

My Dr started me on medication but which helped slightly but it lasted approx 3 months and I was certainly worried about going on my second cruise - luckily I had no problems post cruise, I guess the caribbean must suit me more:D .

I don't get sea-sick at all, but it seems like when I get off of a cruise, the next few days a spend feeling like I'm still on the boat! It seems to be stronger when I'm in small spaces, like a bathroom or my office cubicle. I feel like I need dramamine for being back on land! :eek:

I don't get sick at all on or off the ship. But, when I get off the ship I do get this weird sensation when climbing stairs. On the ship after a few days you get used to the ship moving a certain way and when you climb the stairs your body compensates for it. I find on land for a day or two my body still wants to compensate so sometimes I have to concentrate when I hit a flight of stairs. Also, occasionally when sleeping for a couple nights after I'll wake up in the middle of the night and can feel the ship rocking slightly. Then I say, hang on, I'm back home.

Also, occasionally when sleeping for a couple nights after I'll wake up in the middle of the night and can feel the ship rocking slightly. Then I say, hang on, I'm back home.

That has happened to me, mostly when I lay down to go to sleep. The only way I found to live through it was to NOT fight the feeling; that just made me feel more sick. Rather than repeatedly telling myself I was at home and my bedroom was NOT moving, I'd convince my sleepy mind I was back aboard the ship and try to "feel" my cabin around me. Then I could drift off to sleep, enjoying the gently rocking of the sea. ;)

Same here, it'll be a week tomorrow, and I'm still periodically feeling the "motion of the ocean". Not nearly as bad as it was last Friday when I came into work, but still has been happening intermittently. When I went on my first cruise 10 years ago, it was on a Windjammer, and because it was such a smaller boat it wasn't surprising that I had some of this going on. But, I don't recall it happening this seriously after my last two "big ship" cruises.

I'll give it another few days. If it hasn't disappeared by then, I'll get some OTC meds.:)

Btw, gas jumped down here, too. It cost me $40 to fill my tank the other day, which is an all-time high!

Maybe the Mal disembaking sea sickie thing is lessen if

one takes the maximum port shore excursions ?

Unless you're doing a transatlantic crossing! :D Then shore excursions may be difficult...and miraculous!

Archived