What if kids lose their S&S cards?

lmhall

We are taking a family Mexican Riviera cruise on the Elation the end of June. Have never cruised with Carnival, only Princess.

What if the kids lose their S&S cards? Can't anyone pick it up and use it?:confused:

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Kids without S&S identification are treated as pirates and sold off at the first port. ;)

LMAO!!! I let my 8yo. daughter read that and she very seriously said "Mommy, will you please hold my card while we are on the cruise?"

:p

The S&S cards do not have your room number on them so a stranger would not be able to enter your room unless they happen to know who lost it and what room they were staying in. They take a photo when first boarding the ship that it shows on their monitor when you return from ports, so a person would not be able to use it to get on and off the ship. We never give our daughter(10) charging priveledges so the card is basically worthless other than as a room key.

1. We only give a limit for video game room that can be purchased.

2. Go to the purser desk and they punch a hole it the card. Then

purchase or bring a landyard which you can clip to it. Put it around

said child neck. We never have lost one yet !

3. There no room numbers on the cards. When you make a purchase

they ask for your room number.

4. You can quickly have the card disabled.

My dd lost hers overboard! She was on the basketball court, and a gust of wind whipped it out of her hand, and away it went. She immediately came to tell us - she was really upset! We calmed her down, went right to the purser, and they shut that card down and issued a new one. No big deal. Not to worry!

My DD wore hers on a Lanyard and there wasn't a problem with losing it. My teenaged son kept his in his wallet. I am pretty sure if you report it in a timely manner it should be okay. You can set it up so that all they use them for is a room key and to get off and on the ship. We put a designated amount of money on each of their cards, so I guess if someone found them they could have used them to make purchases.

Slight correction to the above:

If your S&S card is also the key to your cabin, it will NOT have your cabin number on it. However, on those ships that still use a separate key, the cabin number WILL be on the card. My cards from Fantasy and Celebration have cabin number, cards from Elation do not. EM

My DD (14 yo) lost her S & S in the mess she created in her cabin. :eek: She thought she lost it on the ship elsewhere, but found it when she was packing on the last night. Very easy to get it replaced.

DS, who is younger, has never lost it.

I always hold for them in port. Don't want to have any delays getting back on the ship.

[i do LOVE the pirate answer though. Wish I had thought of that when we cruised with my kids when they were younger! :D ]

Archived