Milk on-board Carnival??

honeymooners11

Hi all,

This August will be my first cruise with my son who will be 16 months old. I am just wondering if the Carnival Sensation has homogenized milk on board? I don't drink milk so I don't remember from our past cruises!! Thanks much,

Katie

Yep, sensation has milk on the buffet at the Lido deck, in the dining room and room service. If you have a suite with a fridge, you can try to grab a few extras to store. Ou fridge didn't really keep it super cool though so it was only good to keep it for the day.

And bring sippy cups! They won't have straws or plastic cups.

Just returned from the Miracle with our 17 month old niece -- and they had 2%, Skim and Chocolate 2% always available on the Lido deck...

In the dining room -- we just asked for milk and they quickly brought her some -- but (although I didn't ask) I am sure the milk brought in the dining room was 2% as well.

Did not see any whole milk - but didn't specifically ask for it either.

Hope this helps.

Tracey

Thanks for your replies...is it homogenized milk???

KT

Yes, it is homogenized. Any cruise line company would be taking a HUGE risk if they didn't homogenize everything. The risk of lawsuits due to botcholism poisoning would be to great to not offer homogenized everything (milk, cesar salad dressing, etc)

The milk is typically found in those little cartons at the buffet and when you have them delivered by room service. If you have a fridge in your room you can store extra containers in there, or just have room service deliver some every morning.

Happy sailing!

I suspect OP is referring to whole milk (as opposed to lowfat or skim) as Rhealsmom addressed.

honeymooners11: While I agree with Rhealsmom that IIRC what is available on board is lowfat and skim, I'd check with your pediatrician -- it's probably OK to go lowfat for the length of a cruise.

Hi all,

This August will be my first cruise with my son who will be 16 months old. I am just wondering if the Carnival Sensation has homogenized milk on board? I don't drink milk so I don't remember from our past cruises!! Thanks much,

Katie

Homogenized just means the milk has been mixed so the fat (cream) and liquid don't separate. If you are talking about whole milk, I am sure your 16 month old will be fine drinking low fat milk for one week; no brain damage from lack of fat in his diet will result.

Sorry...where I live when someone says homogenized, we mean whole milk. So yes I was wondering if Carnival has homogenized whole milk. But in the mean time I was going to check with my pediatrician about using 2% for those 5 days as I know that it will be readily available. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for all of your responses,

KT

Yes, it is homogenized. Any cruise line company would be taking a HUGE risk if they didn't homogenize everything. The risk of lawsuits due to botcholism poisoning would be to great to not offer homogenized everything (milk, cesar salad dressing, etc)

The milk is typically found in those little cartons at the buffet and when you have them delivered by room service. If you have a fridge in your room you can store extra containers in there, or just have room service deliver some every morning.

Happy sailing!

You are thinking of pasteurization.

Sorry...where I live when someone says homogenized, we mean whole milk. So yes I was wondering if Carnival has homogenized whole milk. But in the mean time I was going to check with my pediatrician about using 2% for those 5 days as I know that it will be readily available. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for all of your responses,

KT

FWIW - my pediatrician told me that they prefer whole milk only because of all the extra fat in it - babies dont need to diet, babies need fat.

I think you will probably be fine!

Archived