What does Lift mean?

Chacooe

I was just on the Princess Website and I noticed my friends room was across from something called "LIFT". What is it? I am thinking it is the elevators, but you would think they would put "elve" or something to say elevators. What is the noise going to be like there. She is wondering. Now my room in on a different deck and a different part of the ship.

She is on the Caribe Deck, Category BA, Rm C303 ( btw, what does the different categorys mean) I am a first timer so all of this is new to me.

I was just on the Princess Website and I noticed my friends room was across from something called "LIFT". What is it? I am thinking it is the elevators, but you would think they would put "elve" or something to say elevators. What is the noise going to be like there. She is wondering. Now my room in on a different deck and a different part of the ship.

She is on the Caribe Deck, Category BA, Rm C303 ( btw, what does the different categorys mean) I am a first timer so all of this is new to me.

Yes, the lift is the elevator.

The difference in categories is location. A's are mini suites, B's are balcony, C's are outside. And although there is a second letter, like your friends BA balcony stateroom, it is mainly the location that makes up the difference in each category stateroom. The closer to midship, normally the higher the price.

In New Zealand, we asked directions of a local. We were told, "Straight ahead and to the left." Not being familiar with New Zealands unusual accent, we were thoroughly lost before we understood that she meant "the lift", not "the left"! :o

We just sailed on CB stateroom D302, right near the forward lifts...there was no noise. We liked the location because it was near the lifts and you didn't need to walk forever after getting off to get to the stateroom.

This is a wheelchair accessible cabin. I assume your friend is in a wheelchair or handicapped in some way. These cabins are always located near the elevators as a convenience for the handicapped person.

I guess the only cabin wall that would be shared by the elevator (lift) would be an inside cabin. Almost forgot there were such things on a ship. Actually, I don't recall seeing a cabin that shared a wall with the lift, but I never looked for one either. I suppose that are those situations.

I guess the only cabin wall that would be shared by the elevator (lift) would be an inside cabin. Almost forgot there were such things on a ship. Actually, I don't recall seeing a cabin that shared a wall with the lift, but I never looked for one either. I suppose that are those situations.

Inside yes.....

Oh they are there, believe me. :eek:

My cabins, interior, have always been right off the elevators/lifts (accessible), and I've never heard any noise from them; nor from people using the stairs.

My next cruise is on the Emerald Princess, and my cabin is the first one right off the Piazza. Will have to see what, if any, the noise level is going to be.

Archived