Solstice pre-inaugaral cruise

travelphish

Your post will surely generate a lot of interest, mine being the first. Is there a process for booking a pre-inaugural cruise on the Solstice? How did you “win” one? We're booked for the New Year's cruise, but haven't heard of any details on shakedown sailings. I’d love to get on one of them, but have yet to hear any details. I think there’s a charitable fundraiser on one of the pre-inaugural cruises, but haven’t heard any of the particulars. There are usually several pre-inaugurals and day tours between the ship’s arrival in Fort Lauderdale and its official first sailing. I’m hoping to get on one of them for a preview.

I don't have the dates but there's usually a series of them. I won one from X because I'm a TA. I do beleive that same contest was also open to the public for other sailings.

I was going to book anyhow "full fare" but now get to experience the product first hand and save my $ for another X cruise:D

Anyone on the pre inaug cruise?:) I just won one .... don't know the dates yet.....

So psyched

What Pre-Inaugural? Her first regular sailing is Dec 14th, 2008.

There has been nothing posted about any Pre-Inagurals. Not

to any of us "regular people" anyway.

Maybe Travel Agents and other important people have won

freebies but nothing has been posted on the Celebrity board

about it.

There are 3 pre-inaugral cruises (Only 2 nights each) taking place in November. These trips are for Travel Agents/Travel Industry, Media, etc. to allow the industry/media to see the ship first hand and be able to sell it and/or write about it (in the case of Media). They are not open to the general public.

I was invited to attend, but am not 100% sure whether or not I will go - Fort Lauderdale is a long way to fly for me (3 hours), and with airfares these days, I'm not sure it's worth it for a 2 night cruise.

:)

Wow, wish I knew a travel agent who would take me along for the trip. We live an hour from the port and I would pay to go on a preview cruise. Guess I am in the wrong business. Will just have to wait for our TA in 09

Bugsy

We live about 9 hours away by car plus I use to live in Ft.laud. It's always nice to visit friends,go to the beach etc. So for us it's worth it.:)

Joanne,sorry hubby want's to go. It's just gonna be a small taste but I'll probably wind up booking one of the European itinenaries... and that won't be at a special rate:eek:

And Lois, trust me you are special and important to X. It's good they take it out for a few dry runs before the paying public sails. It sort of like a "soft opening" of a restaurant.

Bugsy

We live about 9 hours away by car plus I use to live in Ft.laud. It's always nice to visit friends,go to the beach etc. So for us it's worth it.:)

Joanne,sorry hubby want's to go. It's just gonna be a small taste but I'll probably wind up booking one of the European itinenaries... and that won't be at a special rate:eek:

And Lois, trust me you are special and important to X. It's good they take it out for a few dry runs before the paying public sails. It sort of like a "soft opening" of a restaurant.

It might be good, but they could take some regular cruisers

on it as well.....

I know when Royal had the Liberty Pre-Inaugural

many pax who were not Travel Agents were invited...I have

6 friends who were on board.

It might be good, but they could take some regular cruisers

on it as well.....

I know when Royal had the Liberty Pre-Inaugural

many pax who were not Travel Agents were invited...I have

6 friends who were on board.

7 if you count me.

There are 3 pre-inaugral cruises (Only 2 nights each) taking place in November. These trips are for Travel Agents/Travel Industry, Media, etc. to allow the industry/media to see the ship first hand and be able to sell it and/or write about it (in the case of Media). They are not open to the general public.

I was invited to attend, but am not 100% sure whether or not I will go - Fort Lauderdale is a long way to fly for me (3 hours), and with airfares these days, I'm not sure it's worth it for a 2 night cruise.

Mind if I take your place? I'm two hours from FL and am booked on the official innaugural anyway. Can we talk? :rolleyes:

:)

*stretching my arm to the sky* Take me! Take me! :D

=X= will also be inviting Elite Captain's Club Members on some of the Solsitce Pre-Inaugurals. RCCl invited close to 3,000 Diamond Plus Members on the Freedom OTS debut, and 1,500 on the Liberty Debut.

I am certain that Celebrity, between sailings out the Europe, NYC, and FTL will invite somewhere between 2,000-3,000 Elite guests in total.

Does anybody have any updates on the NYC pre-innaugural activities? I'd love to be invited to attend one of those, even if it is just a one night to nowhere. I'll be Elite by end of August, will that be soon enough? I sure hope so. PLEASE Mr. X!?!?

=X= will also be inviting Elite Captain's Club Members on some of the Solsitce Pre-Inaugurals. RCCl invited close to 3,000 Diamond Plus Members on the Freedom OTS debut, and 1,500 on the Liberty Debut.

I am certain that Celebrity, between sailings out the Europe, NYC, and FTL will invite somewhere between 2,000-3,000 Elite guests in total.

Sigh...I'm still a few cruises away from Elite. We are 3 cruise credits into Select...:(

Does anybody have any updates on the NYC pre-innaugural activities? I'd love to be invited to attend one of those, even if it is just a one night to nowhere. I'll be Elite by end of August, will that be soon enough? I sure hope so. PLEASE Mr. X!?!?

Hi Darren,:) I would like to go too. But I am not holding my

breath:eek: and I am Elite......Big whoopee.

Darren, I hate to be the bearer of bad news (unless of course I've been misinformed) but my Celebrity Sales Manager advised me today that the ship was not going to be coming to NYC as originally thought but going directly to Fort Lauderdale. I just heard this today. :(

Darren, I hate to be the bearer of bad news (unless of course I've been misinformed) but my Celebrity Sales Manager advised me today that the ship was not going to be coming to NYC as originally thought but going directly to Fort Lauderdale. I just heard this today. :(

Hmm...and here am I, an elite member in NYC, who'd been secretly dreaming of getting such an invitation. I'd have happily blogged all the great things about it on cruisecritic. :)

So thanks for your post...next, will you tell me that there is no Santa Claus?

Archived