DCL - New York City port...ever!?

babywewe

Do you think DCL will ever sail out of a NYC port? I think there would be a huge market for this type of cruise. It would also save many north easterners some airfare and hassel of getting to port!

I would love it DCL offered cruises from NYC, but my sense is they are currently fixated on warm weather ports. Perhaps in the future on a seasonal basis when their fleet enlarges? If so, they'll likely use the older ships and save the new ones for (yes) the beaten path Florida departures.

I would love it DCL offered cruises from NYC, but my sense is they are currently fixated on warm weather ports. Perhaps in the future on a seasonal basis when their fleet enlarges? If so, they'll likely use the older ships and save the new ones for (yes) the beaten path Florida departures.

Mikey, what are you doing over here?!? :D Thinking of taking a Disney cruise? DH and I are booked on the Magic 7-day Eastern on 12/6 -- come aboard! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Considering they just signed a long-term contract with Port Canaveral, I tend to doubt it. The only way I see a NYC based cruise is if they use one of the to-be-built ships a few weeks a year for a fall cruise up the New England coast and to the Maritime and Atlantic Provinces, or cruising to Bermuda and back.

Either way, I don't see it as more than a few cruises a year port for DCL.

Considering they just signed a long-term contract with Port Canaveral, I tend to doubt it. The only way I see a NYC based cruise is if they use one of the to-be-built ships a few weeks a year for a fall cruise up the New England coast and to the Maritime and Atlantic Provinces, or cruising to Bermuda and back.

Either way, I don't see it as more than a few cruises a year port for DCL.

Actually I see it just the opposite. They could position either the Magic or Wonder to do a few fall foillage cruises. With the new agreement with the Port, I believe they are obligated to keep the same number of "port landings" but a greater number of passengers. With the new ships they can do this and thusly postion the older ships wherever they want.

Actually I see it just the opposite. They could position either the Magic or Wonder to do a few fall foillage cruises. With the new agreement with the Port, I believe they are obligated to keep the same number of "port landings" but a greater number of passengers. With the new ships they can do this and thusly postion the older ships wherever they want.

I shouldn't have specificied one of the new ships but "a ship." :)

I do expect that they will look at fall cruises and possibly Bermuda sailings out of New York, although I would expect fall sailings out of Boston might be more fuel efficient, and the way things are going...

It doesn't have to be out of NY. It can be out to Bayonne or every Maryland, since that isn't a bad drive there either. I am going on a disney cruise in February and the prices for the flights are ridicioulous!!! :mad: They wanted $290 per person R/T! I am going to Orlando in October and only paid $155 p/p r/t! I am waiting for the prices to go down!

Airfare isn't going down anytime soon. If anything it will contune to rise.

My husband "commutes" between his job in NJ and our home in FL. He used to be able to drive or fly for around $100 r/t. It's now well over $200 r/t, and seems to be rising by about 10% each week.

Rather than sailing out of NYC, I'd rather see DCL sailing TO NYC. The Manhattan ship berths are difficult to get into from the airports and pre-stay hotels are expensive. However, if DCL were to visit the port, the shore excursions would be numerous and interesting. I'd like to berth at Pier 88 where the Normandie capsized...historical site and all.

It would be nice if they sent a ship from the east coast.

Disney will only sail where there parks are. So I think one ship will be in CA. Two in FL. and one in the Med. and when it gets too cold for the med. cruise they can do the FL/NY cruise like NCL does, with a stop in CC.

Even though it may be cold in NY, there is still much to do.

It would be nice if they sent a ship from the east coast.

Disney will only sail where there parks are. So I think one ship will be in CA. Two in FL. and one in the Med. and when it gets too cold for the med. cruise they can do the FL/NY cruise like NCL does, with a stop in CC.

Even though it may be cold in NY, there is still much to do.

i think all of the ships should stay in fl. :D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

can't wait to meet goofy one day

maybe if enough people complain enough to get it:rolleyes:

Nah, they don't have to complain. Disney knows exactly what they are doing when it comes to running a business.

2 of the last 3 summers the Disney Magic was in California and last summer it was in the Med.

:o I would be overjoyed to have a few cruises a year out of NYC..that would be wonderful. I always write it on my survey at the end of the cruise just in case somebody is reading mine in particular. A NYC to Bermuda would be wonderful.

Archived