Fewer Formal Clothes-More Other Clothes?

FinelyCruising

21 pairs of underwear!!!!!!! Why would you bring that many when you can easily wash them out in the sink. They dry overnight.

I was watching Barbara Walters talk about how she packs for her trips. She only takes 1 pair of underwear. All the girls on The View thought she was nuts but she says she washes them out every night.

Judy

Bag weighed 42 lbs.

One set of PJ's is probably fine, if I need to I can wash them and wear a t-shirt to sleep in until they dry.

I like my undies to be very clean, and I'd rather not send them out or wash them in the sink, so 21 pairs gives me a clean pair every day. Since they are so small and they take up very little space, so packing 21 pairs is, I think, easier.

I have heard of people packing 2 pairs and wearing one. One washing out, one hanging dry, and then being rotated every day.

I actually looked up the airline policy yesterday, since we purchased our tickets before they made the checked baggage restrictions, Continental will allow us 2 checked bags with-out a charge. But since we are going to Barcelona for three days before the cruise I think packing on the lighter side will make the pre-cruise stay easier. We've rented a vacation apartment for three days. Its on the 4th floor of an older building with no elevator.

[quote name='Cruise Arizona']
I like my undies to be very clean, and I'd rather not send them out or wash them in the sink, so 21 pairs gives me a clean pair every day. Since they are so small and they take up very little space, so packing 21 pairs is, I think, easier.

[/QUOTE]

I am with you 100% on this. I bring plenty since I change all my clothes several times a day while on a cruise....breakfast, lunch, and dinner kind of thing, and they are easy to pack in a baggie inside of shoes. I think only smoking hot water and laundry detergent agitated on the extra heavy plus extra rinse cycle is good enough. :D

I have issues....:o

[quote name='Cruise Arizona']Well American Airlines announced that they are going to start charging $15 per checked bag. Well I guess I need to start looking for a nudist cruise now.

That may be the only way to go on a trip now.[/QUOTE]

Sign me up! ;)

(Oh wait...now that I think about the typical demographics of a Celebrity cruise...methinks I'll stick with the clothed cruises...) :eek:

[quote name='Cruise Arizona']Well American Airlines announced that they are going to start charging $15 per checked bag. Well I guess I need to start looking for a nudist cruise now.

That may be the only way to go on a trip now.[/quote]
[FONT=Verdana]I think that is a great idea and it would have the added benefit of speeding screening at the airport and ports. It would also end the endless dress code debates.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]But (and it’s a big butt) wouldn’t Celebrity have to put certain restrictions on aspects of its guests to preserve the ambience of the evening? :eek: :D [/FONT]

Archived