Question about Holland America

sweetmelissa

Hello,

I am attempting to book the Holland America cruise that goes from Sydney, Australia to San Diego this November for myself, my husband and our son (who will be 16 months old at the time we sail).

When I attempt to book online for 3 people, I am told there are no cabins available. When I attempt to book for 2 people I am presented with cabins for 2, 3 or 4 people.

What is going on here? There are clearly cabins available that can accommodate 2 adults and an infant in a portable crib.

We are currently living in Australia and we will be moving back to the US in November (hopefully traveling on this cruise). I called the Australian Holland America number, which directed me to a travel agent. She has attempted at least 3 times (she has been redirected to different departments twice) to speak to someone at Holland America in Seattle about getting us on this cruise to no avail.

Help. Is there anything I can do? We are not picky about cabin type, but would just like to travel back to our home country after 4 years via a nice relaxing cruise! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I run into this problem all of the time. Is the ship close to being sold out? It seems like when the ship is running full, they change the number of people allowed in a cabin to 2.

There are only so many "souls" allowed on board. So if they are getting close to full, they will put a limit on number of people in a cabin.

For example, I was looking at an RCCL ship today and the Owners Suite, which EASILY hold 4, had a 2 person limit placed on it. :rolleyes: Heck I could fit 20 of my closests friends in that cabin, yet, the limit was on it.

My question, you can't get HAL to answer your question? That just seems odd. I guess you already have a TA and that's why they won't talk to you?

Have you tried different booking sites? I do alot of research at sites like expedia, travelosity, etc just to see what I can book at what price.

What's the exact date, I'll see if I can get somewhere with it.

Edited to say - HOLY MOLY - I just checked this cruise. Is it the "20 day South Pacific Odessy"?

Suites start at $22,000 pp :eek:

I can't imagine it's sold out...lol.

But I see on the site it says "Click to talk"...can you try that?

Hi.

We don't have a TA. We are living in Australia and when you try to call Holland America's number here you get a TA that is their designated rep in Australia.

The cruise may be close to being sold out, I'm not sure. It is the November 4 cruise on the Amsterdam from Sydney to San Diego. Different booking sites say there is availability, but I haven't actually tried to book it through them, as my preference is to book direct whenever possible.

Any info you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

Hi.

We don't have a TA. We are living in Australia and when you try to call Holland America's number here you get a TA that is their designated rep in Australia.

The cruise may be close to being sold out, I'm not sure. It is the November 4 cruise on the Amsterdam from Sydney to San Diego. Different booking sites say there is availability, but I haven't actually tried to book it through them, as my preference is to book direct whenever possible.

Any info you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

I would LOVE to help but it looks like I can't even see the cruise on the booking sites. I can see it on HAL's site...but no where else.

I hope you are able to get through to them soon. :(

As discussed in your other thread about this problem, why don't you bypass all these middlemen and just call HAL in Seattle directly yourself.

If the cruise does not show up on any other booking sites, it is probably pretty full. I couldn't find it anywhere but on HAL's webpage either.

When you are on the booking page on the HAL website, there is a "click to talk" button (at least there is for U.S. clients) and you can webchat thru your issue.

Further, if you poke around to the "Contact Us" link on the website, you can send your questions to HAL via email.

I would hope that the "down under" version of the website is as fully functinal as here in the U.S.

Also ... on other threads I've read of situations similar to yours and, if I recall correctly, it boiled down to the number of maximum number of souls onboard for safety and lifeboat issues. A seat for every soul, should it be necessary. So, perhaps HAL is liimiting 3rd persons so they can fill every cabin with at least two passengers. Don't know ... see if you can make contact thru the website.

Archived