Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

12 of us will be sailing Diamond Princess out of Whittier, Southbound on August 22. Members of our gang will be arriving 1 to 2 weeks prior to do

independent touring.

John

Office of a mere 10 months away

The Zamgwar Institute

We're sailing round-trip Vancouver with two other couples. One couple will be experiencing their first cruise. We look forward to "hooking" them on our addiction!

As far as the ship, Serenade of the Seas (or any of the Radiance Class RCI ships) should be perfect for this scenic itinerary -- with all the glass walls.

Jane

It looks like Ginjer2911 is correct. The Volendam is scheduled to cruise out of Vancouver on May 20th. And the Zuiderdam is scheduled for the 23rd!

My mistake, still Volendam only the 27th May. Had me worried for a second.

This is our first trip to Alaska for all four of us. We've traveled together 3 times to Hawaii and it was time to explore the 49th state!

It was a difficult deciding which cruisetour to choose, but my TA said to not worry about the ship as much as the itinerary, so that helped with the decision. There weren't many cruisetours that include Seward/Kenai Fjords tour.

Rene (NeilFan)

Hi Gord and Pat,

We are booked on the Pacific Princess too for May 28th. That will be our 6th cruise to Alaska and can't wait to see those new ports of call.

We are traveling with 2 couples from the east coast. There is also a couple from the UK that we have been e-mailing and will meet for the first time on the cruise.

Welcome aboard.

I'm going to see my TA in two days. We pretty much decided on a Northbound route, but I'm not sure what Cruiseline to go with.

Princess, Holland America or RC.

I guess one of the determining factors will be price.

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Sue

Just booked HAL Cruisetour # 18, leave for Fairbanks on June 1, do the land part. Then on the Veendam southbound.

Used AA FF miles for the flights, coudlnt get coach (full for FF) had to book 1st class. my wife will just hate that, yeah right. but sure did drain the FF acount.

This will be my third cruise and my DH's first cruise. I hope he loves it as much as I do. We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary :eek:. I can't believe it has been that long.

Can anyone tell me if nice jeans, & a button down shirt will be ok for most dinners. It is like pulling teeth trying to get DH to dress up. I am trying to negotiate 1 formal & 3 regular dinners, but I will take whatever I can get.

Danielle

"]rul7tbvldakkpnid.png

This will be my third cruise and my DH's first cruise. I hope he loves it as much as I do. We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary :eek:. I can't believe it has been that long.

Can anyone tell me if nice jeans, & a button down shirt will be ok for most dinners. It is like pulling teeth trying to get DH to dress up. I am trying to negotiate 1 formal & 3 regular dinners, but I will take whatever I can get.

Danielle

"]rul7tbvldakkpnid.png

I'm not the fashion police, but it says no jeans for dinner (Their words, not mine). The dinners are great and it's worth it for 1 hour a night. My boys changed right after dinner. Good luck. If it's a big issue, there's always the Windjammer,too.

I'm not the fashion police, but it says no jeans for dinner (Their words, not mine). The dinners are great and it's worth it for 1 hour a night. My boys changed right after dinner. Good luck. If it's a big issue, there's always the Windjammer,too.

I must have read the wrong area....because all I saw was no shorts, t-shirts, or bathing suits :confused: . I have just read from other sites, and other cruisers that on an Alaskan cruise formal nights are still very formal, but other dinners tend to be more casual. I guess I will just pack accordingly and hope for the best. Thank you for your honesty.

I booked today on HAL Veendam, May 24, Seward to Vancouver. They have some incredible deals going right now. I really tried to convince my DH to go with me to no avail:( , but his mom ( my travel buddy:) ) is always ready to go. I'm very anxious to see Anchorage, Seward and Kenai Fjords, and Glacier Bay. We've been in September with the fall foliage. It will be great to see the winter/spring side of Alaska this time.

Living in the Vancouver area I think we will wait and see what kind of bargins we get offered as we move closer to and even into the Alaska cruise season. For the past few years there has been some pretty sharp pricing and now with the economy slowing the pricing may even get better.

Archived