Who Has Booked Alaska for '09???

Host Caroline

dudboom,

Myself, DH and DS will be on the Pearl as you can see by my countdown clock do you have any pictures to show of the Pearl?

Thanks so much.

FunInTheSun, yes the Pearl is a beautiful ship and you'll have a great cruise to Alaska on her! We were on her last year & this year to Alaska!:D We took lots and lots of pictures!

Here's a couple of websites that have some great pictures of the Pearl:

http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/nclp/nclp07.htm

and

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegianpearl/ss/norwegian_pearl.htm

I've been watching the boards now for weeks getting ready, but just actually booked our cruise today after researching several online agencies. Now we start the addition fun of planning our 4 day pre cruise independent land exploring!

Enjoy your trip! We are on the next southbound sailing of Sapphire Princess on 8/29/09 proceeded by a Princess cruisetour!

kckitties

Just book on Holland America Volendam r/t from Vancouver leaving May 20,2009. It had the closest itenerary we wanted for the price. I would have loved to have a cruise that did Sitka AND Skagway. But not possible on a 7 day cruise.

This will be my second time in Alaska, but my first cruise. I went there for a summer when in college and worked for different churches all SE Alaska.

We booked on Westerdam 5/31 RT Seattle. We currently have five people in the group, two more are considering. We are three hours driving away from Seattle, definitely will go back again and again. Next time I am thinking either a cruisetour or the 14 day offered by Princess.

We just booked. My wife and I got engaged on an Alaskan cruise in 2005 and we have been looking for a good excuse to go back ever since. Well, my parents aren't getting any younger and at our prodding, they decided cruise Alaska, but wanted to travel with someone else (preferably, someone that had been there before), so this is the perfect chance to get back up there! So, the 4 of us are booked and the worst part now is waiting until June of 2009!

My husband and I are booked on the North bound Carnival Spirit on May 27, 2009 out of Vancouver. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on our first trip to Alaska. We are doing 3 days precruise in Vancouver and then 11 days post cruise on our own. Thought I was planning early enough (started in June) but I am on information overload trying to plan 3 weeks. It is so exciting planning and really do enjoy reading all the good tips and recommendations here on the boards.

I was glad to see this thread. We booked the June 23rd Sea Princess out of San Francisco 10 day round trip. There hasn't been a roll call started yet for our sailing. We're busy posting on our January cruise to the Caribbean, but if a roll call isn't started soon for the Alaska cruise, then I guess I'd better start one. I'm going to go back and read the previous postings here after I post this. :)

DH and I just booked our Alaska cruise for May 24, 09 on HAL's Statendam out of Vancouver. We are doing the 14 day cruisetour #17 that ends in Fairbanks. We are from Tampa, FL and my DH has never been in snow! Is there anyone doing this or have done this trip? We are very excited and are just now looking into all the ports and excursions. Any recommendations? Would love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks so much!

Lynne & Steve

Just booked last night! I'm really excited about it and I think we talked my parents into going to! It's to celebrate my daughter's graduation from college.

We also want to do a land tour beforehand, but don't know whether it's best to book with Princess or do it independently.

Anybody have any experience with this?

My husband and I booked the Voyage of the Glaciers, NB out of Vancouver on the Island Princess. We sail on 7/6/2009. Since we live in Everett, WA, we will be taking the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver on sail day. This will be our second time on the Island Princess, the first time being on the Panama Canal cruise in 2004.

This will be fun as we're doing the 7 day cruise followed by a 3 day tour.

Vickie

a dream come true! Alaska on their fiftieth for our fortieth in his sixtieth! It just seems we hear lot's of people say they wanted to go and now they can't for all kinds of reasons they give. So we are going! Leaving time to go again if we want to!

Hi All,

We are planning our second cruise, the first was Alaska and this one will be too. We sailed RCL Raidance of the Sea last year and we loved this ship. Because we want a different itinerary, we like Carnival's Spirit Southbound and Princess's Southbound but are concerned we won't like the ship as much. We had an outside last time and want to go with a balcony this time. Can anyone give me a comparison of the ships we are considering verses ROS?

Thanks

I just booked for RCI Radiance of the Seas, leaving July 31'09.

I, like all of you, am very excited.

I'm sorry I did not yet take the time to read through all the previous posts.

I did start a Roll Call thread, and reigster for a Meet & Greet, if anyone else is cruising the same day.

If anyone has recently booked the Radiance NB 8/28/09 we need you over on the roll call!!!:D There is only a handfull of us and we could use some new blood. LOL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=752237

We are the week after you so try to take care of the ship for us!LOL> Have a blast. We have an active roll call. Did you catch the price drop on your cruise? I just saved $300!

Karen

We are the week after you so try to take care of the ship for us!LOL> Have a blast. We have an active roll call. Did you catch the price drop on your cruise? I just saved $300!

Karen

I did, thanks, but ares was only $200. Hey I'll take though!! I'm just hoping for many more or bigger drops to come!! :D It's still pretty early.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived