Golden Princess mini suite

thegotogirl

All of the minis on the Grand Class ships are the same. So, any pictures you find, whether they are old or new, there won't be a difference. Pictures from the Grand, Star, even the larger and newer ships will have the same mini suite layout.

All the mini suites are not all the same. On the Diamond and Saphire the sofas in the minis are longer then the ones on the Golden. I thought maybe it was only some cabins but all the minis on the Golden had love seats not full sofas. My husband likes to stretch out and he liked the 3 cushion sofa better.

I will look for my old photos on the Diamond and try to post.

Carole

That's a great shot of the balconies, Mary. I sure wish some friends of mine had seen it before their Diamond Princess Hawaii cruise last fall. They booked a mini - must have been on Dolphin deck - and they were so unhappy that there wasn't an overhang at all. I didn't want to further aggravate them by asking why they didn't research it better, so I just didn't ask. Too bad for them, but they should have looking into it better.

We're on the Dolphin deck in a few weeks, and quite frankly (for me) when I look over the rail of my balcony, I want to see the ocean, and not the people below me. So, although I know the risk of getting wet in Alaska when we step onto our balcony, I also know the joy that I will experience when I look down and see the sea. I guess it's all personal preference. Research is always the key, and these boards and threads always help!!!

That's a great shot of the balconies, Mary. I sure wish some friends of mine had seen it before their Diamond Princess Hawaii cruise last fall. They booked a mini - must have been on Dolphin deck - and they were so unhappy that there wasn't an overhang at all. I didn't want to further aggravate them by asking why they didn't research it better, so I just didn't ask. Too bad for them, but they should have looking into it better.

I'll be honest, we are booking the Golden for 2009 and I truly NEVER even thought about the balconies not having a cover. I had a mini-suite on Dolphin deck all picked out. Never been on a cruise that didn't have a balcony that wasn't covered. So glad I started researching the ship and reviews and comments made here. It truly made a difference on our decision. So Emerald Deck or Caribe (partially covered) for us. Will be booking any day now (TA has been on vacation ... )

Imagine our surprise if I hadn't researched. We live in AZ, love the sun BUT totally appreciate and enjoy the shade ... :D I feel badly for your friends, it so unfortunate not to have known ahead of time.

We're on the Dolphin deck in a few weeks, and quite frankly (for me) when I look over the rail of my balcony, I want to see the ocean, and not the people below me. So, although I know the risk of getting wet in Alaska when we step onto our balcony, I also know the joy that I will experience when I look down and see the sea. I guess it's all personal preference. Research is always the key, and these boards and threads always help!!!

Amen!!! My thoughts exactly. I had a Caribe balcony one time on the Star Princess and never again. I hated looking down on other balconies. If I can't have a minisuite on a Grand class ship where I can look down to the water I will stay home.

So, help me here, does Dolphin deck look down at the ocean or another deck? We have D618 and D620 booked.

Dolphin mini's have an unobtructed view of water - and I love it. Open uncovered balconies and if I ever look up and back I wave to anyone I see.

Amen...If I can't look down and see the water....then it's a total waste for me!!! I will take lots of pictures and post them when we get home! :);) PS...thanks for all the photos...it' makes me even MORE excited!

So, help me here, does Dolphin deck look down at the ocean or another deck? We have D618 and D620 booked.

Dolphin looks down at the water. Here's a photo that may help too from webshots:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2541281960103442853BvciYn

From top of photo down:

Caribe (you can just barely see it in this photo)

Dolphin

Emerald

Promenade (2 people standing by rail)

I"m so excited, we've booked Emerald 727 for our 30 day Sidney Australia to LA cruise next yr:D I was a little concerned but after looking at the pictures, they look great!!!!

Karen, how exciting!!!!!! A 30 day cruise .. WOW. I think the photos are such a major help in making a decision on cabins and location. I really appreciate all the people that have shared them on this site and on webshots.

Archived