Traveling With Children - Conquest

My husband and I are treating a young family from Europe to a cruise out of Galveston on Carnival. They have two small children, does anyone have any suggestion for bath-time for the kids, knowing that all of the balcony suites have only a shower? :eek: Any tricks or suggestions for us? Does the cruise line have small tubs that will fit into the shower? Thank you for your help...

progress.gif

Actually, Cat 8 and 9 staterooms have showers, cat 11 and 12 suites have tubs.

Here is a tip, Galveston has a non-US Citizen at check-in. It is very short usually (shorter then VIP), since they are your "guests" they will probably let you check in with them. ;)

My husband and I are treating a young family from Europe to a cruise out of Galveston on Carnival. They have two small children, does anyone have any suggestion for bath-time for the kids, knowing that all of the balcony suites have only a shower? :eek: Any tricks or suggestions for us? Does the cruise line have small tubs that will fit into the shower? Thank you for your help...

progress.gif

I can't answer your original question. If you find that a bathtub is not an option I have an idea. My wife is an avid "baby wearer". She owns all kinds of wraps and slings that she uses to wear the baby. Including one that is made to wear the baby in the shower. She's been using since he was at least 6 months, and before that. Just a suggestion if you get stuck.

I agree with just take them in the shower, even a 6 month old.

DH and I used to do that all the time. One person takes baby in, washes him, when done hand him off to the other parent standing outside the shower stall with a towel.

Or put water in the sink and let baby stand in the sink while washing him.

Just get up early and put the bath stuff on the deck chairs to save them for bath time later in the day. Then just put the babies in the hot tub when they get dirty or need their diapers changed.

:eek: :eek: LMAO.

I agree that I would just take the baby into the shower. One parent takes the baby into the shower, washes him etc. Then hands him off to the other parent who dries him, clothes him, etc. After the first parent is done washing themselves, they switch and the second parent uses the shower.

If they don't want to do that, then your best bet is to go to Babies R Us and buy an inflatable bathtub. We have one that looks like a duck, it folds up easily into a suitcase and the tub size is about the size of a standard baby bathtub. My son loved it.

We cruised with a 1 year old and used a small, tiny, blow-up pool in the shower. They also have baby tubs. $10 at Wal-Mart. Leave it in the box when you pack it. Once you get to your cabin, blow it up and leave it up the entire week. It will sit flat in the shower. That way you will be able to just lean over in the shower to bath baby. Since it was just $10, we left it on the ship. No need to carry it back home. Hope this helps.

I took my infant, now toddler. When we went on the Conquest, I took an inflatable infant ring seat (closed at the bottom). I filled it with water and bathed him in there. I was also able to put the seat next to the swimming pool while the older kids swam. Infants/toddlers are not allowed in the swimming pool until they are potty trained. So my baby splashed around in his "little pool". Had a great time!!!!

.......THANKS so much to everyone that responded.....excellent recommendations for the kiddo's bath (also the tip about the non-US citizen line for check-in at Galveston).I loved the suggestion to take the kids to the hot tub when they needed a diaper change or were dirty....I'm sure we would be asked to leave the ship, immediately....with or without a gang-plank....:eek:

Archived