Names on staterooms

djhsolara

Sorry Colo Cruiser, as someone with a bit of personal reference about women being victimized, maybe I'm a tad too sensitive.

I, as well.

It's too bad that mental scars don't show up the way physical scars do...:rolleyes: or go away.

(Re: - Face) not snarky - but a hum - wondering face...;) (get it)

Wow...I really did not expect this thread to get so involved. I just found the practice to be unusual, but apparently it is the norm on some lines.

Thanks for all of your input...

This fall we're looking at a Disney sailing, so I'll be anxious to see if my name is posted there...

Happy Sailing Everyone!!!! :) :)

As for "newbies" (where does that word come from anyway? It's so trite) they often times are treated better - have you ever compared fares offered to new passengers vs. those offered to long time passengers? Might surprise you.

We have cruised many times before(RCCL), but we will be cruising for the first time with Princess in a few weeks.....and.....we got NO compensation on our fare. What's that all about?:confused:

Is anybody else bugged by this, or is it just me?

The fact that a cabin steward would open a cabin door for someone unfamiliar to him (obviously, not a passenger in his section) is bothersome to me.

This is another good reason to not leave anything valuable in view of someone standing in the doorway, or passing by. The other reason is that cabin stewards often leave the door open while they're cleaning your cabin and anyone walking by can see inside.

Call me paranoid, but if the steward was at his/her cart or cleaning the bathroom, somebody walking by could glance in, see a camera (or $$, iPod, piece of jewelry, whatever) sitting on the desk and could be in & out in a second.

T

Even if I'm just going to another stateroomroom to chat with a friend, or I'm going for something to eat, I always put all of my valuables in the safe...sometimes a little inconvenient to stop and put a camera in the safe when I know I'll want it again in a short time, but I figure my stateroom, although private once I'm in it with the door locked from the inside,:eek: is an otherwise "open" area.

As for "newbies" (where does that word come from anyway? It's so trite) they often times are treated better - have you ever compared fares offered to new passengers vs. those offered to long time passengers? Might surprise you.

We have cruised many times before(RCCL), but we will be cruising for the first time with Princess in a few weeks.....and.....we got NO compensation on our fare. What's that all about?:confused:

There was a discussion a few months ago on CC about newbies/upgrades.

I have seen many first time cruisers upgraded to suites on their first or second cruise and cruisers with many the upgrades are few and far between. :rolleyes:

just a couple of comments...

I still have all my passenger lists from cruises that use to do it....that go way back 28 years..it's great to see

Miss where2next age 14 and my hometown...a wonderful

souvenir of cruising traditions of long ago!

the last one I received was the inaugural sailing on RCCL Legend of the Seas and then the tradition seems to have faded away..

I do enjoy seeing the colors on the cards...and as I've wandered a deck enroute to my destination.

I've made note of how many Elite I see and whether I might have some serious competition for my Captain's Lunch spot.

Also, my cruise partner over the years has been my mom. My DH was on one cruise with Princess and at times he has been offered better fare pricing than I have being a long time Elite....a tad annoying!

If I was ever traveling alone, I would remove the card right away

I too have a problem anyone going into a drawer for any reason, that crosses a boundary for me.

I have chronic pain and I'm in a pain clinic where pain meds are monitored, and every pill needs

to be accounted for. I had left my meds in my nightstand and at the end of cruise realized I was 10 short.

Obviously, a couple had been snagged. Ever since then I put all meds and valuables in the safe even

if we are only going to grab a quick bite to eat and will

be returning to the cabin momentarily

Yes, I agree we all heard stories. One from a very dear close friend of mine. However, it took her several attempts until security did something.

Lucky enough you had his name to report him....;) Guess I was lucky - but maybe the fact that the security officer I talked to was the brother of a police sergeant in my home town had something to do with it as I'd found out when I asked - Yes the resemblence was close and I'm too nosy not to ask -

If you change your name on the door, have you ever gotten somebody else's mail? ? ? ? :confused:...:rolleyes: Yes once but easily redirected and I don't normally get much post except the final on board bill and I'd love it if they lost that.

How many cabins were on the ship?

For example. Grand Princess has 1300 cabins. Which would mean checking out a lot of cabins just to find you....:cool: Actuall y I think he was scanning for single female names and just thought he'd got his lucky day!

Poor guy - he needs a life!!!!

As for my name I have three first names the first one is the one that appears on the door but it isn't the one I use every day, can lead to confusion, When travelling I do try and remember to use my first name but have had to change tickets once when booked under the name I usually go by - expensive mistake.

What kind of mail are you referring to? :confused:

Is this mail address to a particular passenger? Is it just the final bill? Messages from the concierge? Messages from other

passengers?

Or are you refering to the Spa Ads/Tour excursions flyers?

I don't expect anything under the door except may the Preliminary Final

Bill and the Final Bill on disembarkation day.

Is this mail address to a particular passenger? Is it just the final bill? Messages from the concierge? Messages from other

passengers?

Junkmail in the cabin mailbox, or anything that is put there. :rolleyes:

passengers?

Most people on a Princess cruise, expect to have the latest Princess 'Patter' placed daily in their mail box.

On the other hand, I usually request that our cabin person, slip the 'Patter,' under our door along with any other important material, to prevent people from taking things from the mail box. I have had problems with people taking the Princess Patters from my mail box. I guess they needed an extra one. :rolleyes:

The only thing we every get in the mail box is the general stuff. Any bill has always been under the door the next morning. Plus we are in and out of the room so much it never has been a problem. On some party boats I could see this happening as a joke..Not sure why anyone would pull this, unless like some else said they just needed a newsletter...

I love having our names on the door. And I love noticing the status/colors of our neighbors as we walk the halls.

What I DO NOT love is the last morning when the steward takes our name down. That is a sad reminder that the party is over. Last Saturday morning, not only was our name removed, but the next PAX tag was already on "our" mailbox as we headed to the disembarkation room at 7am. Please don't make us get off .....:rolleyes:

On the last evening or on the disembarkation morning, we remove the name card ourselves and save it as our last cruise souvenir.

What I DO NOT love is the last morning when the steward takes our name down.

Archived