Good Customer Service From Rci

About a month ago I was playing on the RCI website and put a hold on a cruise. I let the hold expire but a day later I received a call from from RCI vacation sales to see if I wanted that cruse or any other.

At the time I explained to the cruise consultant that I would be interested in a 2009 cruise if a WOW sale came along and I did not have to plunk down 1800 for (2) cabins a year and half out. She said she would put me on her list and let me know. Honestly, I figured that would be the last I heard of her.

Low and behold the Thursday night before the last WOW sale she called to let me know that it was coming up. I needed to confirm with friends so she said she would call again on Monday (the day before the WOW sale). She did and spend quite some time with me checking cabins that she felt we would like. By the time we ended the call she had all our information and said she would call again at 9:15 on the morning of the WOW sale.

Well at 9:15 exactly my cellphone rang. She did not rush me as I had a few more questions to make sure I would be happy, and she booked and confirmed it then and there. I booked the WOW primarily because of the 50% off the deposit. I received the same OBC as my NEXTCRUISE booking would have provided, and my GOLD C&A status does not allow for any balcony discounts.

Now I know she is receiving a commission for the sale...but in earning her commission, she made me feel like an important Royal Caribbean customer. I will be keeping her number for the future and calling her when the next urge to sail comes along.

Thank you XXXX and RCI.:)

although we see a lot of rants about customer service on the boards I would be willing to bet that this type of service is the norm and the dipleasures that we see here sometiomes are isolated incidents. Thank you for sharing

Archived