14 Day Cruise Experiences

Muumuu

I was 28 years old back then, I learned that the more days ie: 10, 12, 14, 16 the more retired folks onboard.

Fred

You are right...there will be more people who are retired...BUT for us, the LINE had a lot to do with the age as well.

Our =X= 14 day was OLD....I'm talking these people were celebrating 20 years of retirement. :eek:

Our NCL cruise had a nice mix and our roll call was over 100 people....many of whom were our age (40's) which was great.

There weren't many 20-somethings although there were a few and there were a few families as well. But for the most part, the longer cruises do draw an older crowd.

Personally, I think this is a small trade-off myself and would do a long cruise every time I sail if I could...although I won't do one on =X= or HAL for another 20 years....but Carnival? Absolutely I would.

We have been on 14 and 17 day cruises. Can't get enough!!!!! To prove it we will be on a 28 day back to back cruise this October.More than enough variety for us but I guess it depends on what enough is. David

Mel - I could have stayed on for another 24. I wasn't ready to get off and I was just as sad to get off, maybe more, than for a 7 day. We're only doing a 12 day this year but we'll get to see some of the same people we saw last year so it will be like a reunion.

Linda

We're looking at a 14-night crusie from LA to Hawaii and back (not Carnival) - the comments I've gotten are that you have to like sea days and that they seem to have more variety of onboard activities for that reason.

DH won't fly, so this is the only way I"ll get him to Hawaii. I've been for a conference, but I only got to see Oahu.

We are also looking at a longer Hawaiian cruise for our 25th anniversary.

I'd love to hear all about anyone's experiences. I wonder how four sea days on either end are handled.

I took a 14 day cruise through the Panama Canal (Miami to LA) during the summer on the NCL Pride of America (inaugural cruise) with my 8 year old and my 60 something mother. We had a blast. The canal transit took about 8 hours and four rolls of film. :-)

If you're still in the planning stages, make sure to get a balcony stateroom so you don't have to fight for room on deck to take photographs.

Ohh it is wonderful! I love that drive, it has been ages since I have done it.

The coast is so beautiful! Are you going from San Francisco to LA? Course you miss San Diego but still that is the nicest drive!

Nancy

Yes, SF to Long Beach. So excited.

I took a 14 day cruise through the Panama Canal (Miami to LA) during the summer on the NCL Pride of America (inaugural cruise) with my 8 year old and my 60 something mother. We had a blast. The canal transit took about 8 hours and four rolls of film. :-)

If you're still in the planning stages, make sure to get a balcony stateroom so you don't have to fight for room on deck to take photographs.

Got an aft balcony!

Archived