14 Day Cruise Experiences

Muumuu

Share with me your experiences on a 14 day cruise. This is not a transatlantic, it is Long Beach through Panama Canal ending in Miami. Repeat of meals, shows, etc.

Just wondering what the experience will be like.

Share with me your experiences on a 14 day cruise. This is not a transatlantic, it is Long Beach through Panama Canal ending in Miami. Repeat of meals, shows, etc.

Me too! That is on my list of dream cruises, what ship are you on and when?

My experience of 14 day cruises is that menus are not repeated, nor are shows. But it also depends on what the ship usually does. If it is not accustomed to doing two week cruises, but one week only, then you will not repeat shows, but there still may only be two. EM

Years back I did that same cruise from Port of Los Angeles to Puerto Rico, it was a long 14 day trans canal cruise. There were 5 of us around our age and everyone else were in their 70's. The Disco would never open as the ship was shutdown by 8:30pm. Will I ever do another 14 day cruise, heck no.

Fred

Years back I did that same cruise from Port of Los Angeles to Puerto Rico, it was a long 14 day trans canal cruise. There were 5 of us around our age and everyone else were in their 70's. The Disco would never open as the ship was shutdown by 8:30pm. Will I ever do another 14 day cruise, heck no.

Fred

From our rollcall I would guess there are very few people under 40. If you were younger than this when you went I could see how you wouldn't have liked it.

From our rollcall I would guess there are very few people under 40. If you were younger than this when you went I could see how you wouldn't have liked it.

I was 28 years old back then, I learned that the more days ie: 10, 12, 14, 16 the more retired folks onboard.

Fred

There are a few retiree's on our rollcall, but I hope to be one someday:D

I still enjoyed the company of the elders onboard that Princess ship but another thing I remember was the Entertainment was catered to them, I mean they had the Fastest Banjo player on the planet as one of the acts, this guy played on HeeHaw. Then the food was made soft because of them wearing dentures. No lobsters on the cruise either, probably because of the high cholesterol content and they were afraid of lossing half the ship due to a possible heart attack. We did have two life flights medical evacs onboard during that cruise.

Fred

never done it myself but sounds like a wonderful trip!!

This is on my list of dream cruises and I am under 40 by a few years at least. :D I think the problem with us younger cruisers is that we often can't take more than one week off work at a time so you get more retirees on those longer sailings.

We're looking at a 14-night crusie from LA to Hawaii and back (not Carnival) - the comments I've gotten are that you have to like sea days and that they seem to have more variety of onboard activities for that reason.

DH won't fly, so this is the only way I"ll get him to Hawaii. I've been for a conference, but I only got to see Oahu.

So being in my 50's would it be age appropriate Fred? *grins*

I love the Pride, and I bet that would be a great trip..having been eyeing it myself. Plus the one way air, makes it all the more interesting.

Nancy

C'mon, Nancy....you know you want to do it! It's going to be a great trip. And there are a wonderful group of people on the Roll Call...we've called ourselves the Panamaniacs.

I have only been on a 12 day cruise and with on planed in September. I was wondering about some poster friends that are on our Roll Call. They are doing a BTB on our cruise to Europe. Will they be seeing the same shows and eating the same meals when they start the second part of their cruise which will be the one my DH and I will be on? I had never thought about this until the OP asked her questions.

This is on my list of dream cruises and I am under 40 by a few years at least. :D I think the problem with us younger cruisers is that we often can't take more than one week off work at a time so you get more retirees on those longer sailings.

I understand about the amount of vacation time one is able to take. I am not retired but am able to take off the 3 weeks I need for this trip. Nursing allows for flexible scheduling. And it pays for this addiction of mine.

This cruise is also on my dream list along with driving down the Pacific Coast Highway which we are doing prior to this cruise.

We did a btb 24 day total on the Freedom last summer in the Med and yes everything is repeated the second week But by then you already know everybody and you really feel at home.

Ohh it is wonderful! I love that drive, it has been ages since I have done it.

The coast is so beautiful! Are you going from San Francisco to LA? Course you miss San Diego but still that is the nicest drive!

Nancy

that drive sounds fabulous..how long does it take?

We did a btb 24 day total on the Freedom last summer in the Med and yes everything is repeated the second week But by then you already know everybody and you really feel at home.

Were you ready to come home after 24 days or could you have continued?

Just wondering

Mel

Fred,

You should seriously consider joining us - we have alot of things planned and as you can see from the folks responging - we are a really fun group. I am not over fifty, I just plan well for the things I want to do. It would be funny if they had some strange acts on board. But then you would most likely find the Panamaniacs entertaining ourselves!

The meals were not repeated. Lots more activities, some lame, some very good. We tended to settle in a bit more & spent more time with other pax doing stuff we normally wouldn't, that was the best part of the longer cruise. Normally wouldn't be caught in a karaoke bar, we went many nights & thoroughly enjoyed. Same with getting involved with the Legends show, what a hoot. Downside - after becoming accustomed to the meals & service for so many days, getting back to reality was a major bummer.

I've been on 2 long cruises (14 and a 15 day)

The best part of these cruises is on day 7, when you wake up happy because you are only 1/2 way through.

The feeling is amazing. :D

My experience is that there were no repeats of meals or entertainment. My long cruises were on Celebrity and NCL...but I'm sure CCL will not duplicate meals or entertainment either. Each day will be a new day.

The only downside to cruising 14 days is that from that point on, all cruises that are less than 2 weeks will seem very short.

Archived