Connecting Cabins But Don't Need

SunPacific

What experience has anyone had with a connecting cabin but you're only using the one cabin? Is there less space in the cabin due to the door? Can you hear the people in the next door cabin? Thanks! Carol

Hi, we were just on the Miracle and had a connecting cabin, which we didn't need. We heard nothing from the other cabin, and you don't lose any room either. Just used the door knob to hang things and never gave it a second thought.

The connecting door is flush with the wall (much like in hotels). So, you won't lose any space at all. Hearing people next door varies from ship to ship (in my experience). Sometimes we have heard neighbors. Sometimes not a peep. The newer ships consist of "pre-fab" cabins so there isn't as much insulation as the older ships. But, we haven't noticed anything really obtrusive.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

We had one of those cabins on Summit on Penthouse deck (balconies). If I hadn't seen the couple at sail away I would not have known the cabin was occupied. No problem whatsoever. I have read, however, that smoke sensitive people detect smoke in the other cabin. Seems funny that you can't hear, but can smell from the next cabin?

We had a connecting cabin on the Mariner last summer. If there hadn't been an extra door, we never would have known it was a connecting cabin. It was exactly the same as the other cabins, and we never heard a peep from our neighbors!

What experience has anyone had with a connecting cabin but you're only using the one cabin? Is there less space in the cabin due to the door? Can you hear the people in the next door cabin? Thanks! Carol

The poster was right about being diff ship to ship. On Grandeur of the Seas you can even hear your neighbors when they are talking quietly. When they are loud or the t.v. is on it can be bad.

• 4 months later...

Hi Carol we had a balcony cabin with a connecting door on Celebrity Connie (which we did`nt need) no problem re space but it rattled almost all the time, even throughout the night. Consequence never to book one again.

Hope that has helped.

I have a connecting cabin for the Independence of the Seas, in Dec. I hope I can put up with my neighbors... lol:D my parents are in the other cabin.lol It will be their 60th anniversary, I hereby promise to put up with my neighbors, :rolleyes: and not bother them too much....:eek: ;)

The newer ships consist of "pre-fab" cabins so there isn't as much insulation as the older ships. But, we haven't noticed anything really obtrusive.

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Which lines is this on?? Im with Cindy, I was on RCL Voyager of the Seas and never heard a peep. Iv heard Carnival has paper thin walls, maybe thats whom you are referring to? We never heard neighbors on Carnival, but didnt have connecting on that cruise, but relieved it was quiet after things we had heard from a TA.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a connecting room on Oceania's Regatta for a 16 day Panama Canal cruise in Jan. '08. Was a bit concerned about the possibility of added noise however we didn't find this to be a problem.

Only heard a few sounds occasionally when our neighbors may have had the tv. or music on a bit loud, otherwise it was quiet. No vibration noise at all either.

I feel the newer ships I've sailed have had better insulation, not worse, than the older ones. Didn't hear a sound from neighbors on either Glory or Miracle.

I've heard noise from neighbors on Carnival's Fantasy-class ships, the Fantasy in particular. But I think we had a family of about 6 in the cabin next door and half of them were screaming children. :(

Have a connecting room booked on Miracle for 12/09, only because it's the only aft cabin on that deck that holds only 2 people.

I don't expect to hear any noise or smell smoke. I hope that's the case.

We had a junior suite on the Enchantment of the Seas and the sound that came through the connecting door was horrible -- you could hear conversations, the tv, opening the balcony door etc. I suspect they could hear us just as easily. We we would turn up the tv to drown out the other room, they did the same thing.

Archived