So What Happens After Final Payment is Made

Chacooe

Princess puts the money in the bank .. The TA asks when do you want to cruise again .. and

The best part .. You go shopping for cruise wear .. pack .. and go Cruising !!!

Ok Kidding .. not actually anything special. You get cruise doc's a seemingly long time later but well before the cruise .. you spend every moment on Cruise Critics and the Princess.com site .. because now it is OFFICIAL!!

Have a great cruise !!!

After final payment, you will receive a package from Princess which has the Cruise Answer Book, a tour guide for the ports you are visiting along with an order form (which you can also do online), and order forms for flowers, tuxes, etc. Oh, and your luggage tags will be included so look carefully for those. They are not pre-printed so that you'll need to fill those out.

Then it's up to you, the passenger. You should go to http://www.princess.com > My Princess and go into the cruise personalizer. You will need to fill out your personal information, passport information, emergency contact info and credit card information (for your onboard account.) Once that's done, you'll be able to print out your booking summary and boarding pass. You can also pre-reserve tours, etc. Be sure to check out your cruise personalizer thoroughly.

If you booked through a TA, the TA will get the materials and forward them on to you. If you booked directly through Princess, you will get them int he mail directily from Princess.

Actually - I always book through a TA and Princess sends me my pre-cruise documents. I wonder if the agent has a choice if they receive them or if Princess sends them direct to the client.

If you booked through a TA, the TA will get the materials and forward them on to you. If you booked directly through Princess, you will get them int he mail directily from Princess.

We booked through an online discounter and received the documents directly from Princess. When everybody refers to a TA, does that indicate a bricks and mortar Travel Agency as opposed to an internet booking?

We booked through an online discounter and received the documents directly from Princess. When everybody refers to a TA, does that indicate a bricks and mortar Travel Agency as opposed to an internet booking?

It means anyone other than Princess.

I have a friend who books through a local agent and her agent always receives her pre-cruise docs. I have always received mine from Princess directly and I use an agent who lives across the country. She probably has Princess send them directly so the snail-mail is not backtracking.

After final payment is made, you wait 70 days, talk to new friends on cruise critic and try to figure out which ones will actually show at the sailaway party.

Actually- the anticipation builds, you read over your documents many times, sometimes if it is your first time on a ship you might check out the deck plans over and over and over again.

Enjoy the moments, they go way to quickly

ALan

A TA can opt to have the docs sent to them or sent to the client directly.

We like to have them sent to us so we can make sure there are no errors. Then we can add a gift and luggage tags with the docs and give it all nicely presented to the client.

Archived