White dinner Jackets

kpercy

Is where you find it, and not because of a silk bow tie!

You forgot to throw in the proms and Halloween while you were pontificating.

The Fifty Dollar Bobs of this world, of which there's a passel of em on these boards all in lock step like the March of the Penguins.

But I'm a Texan, so while you are stereotyping, write me off as an unsophisticated colorful individualist and quite frankly, I can live with that. :)

So, Gene, you've discovered that you can edit quotes or the names of the poster? Pretty cool, huh? Oh, and congrats on your happiness with being unsophisticated. And colorful. And individual. Did they break the mold, by any chance?;)

You know, when I pushed the right side of the mouse, copy didn't come up, just a whole lot of other things

PM,

you don't need to use the mouse. Just select the relevant bit of text and press Ctrl+C to copy (or Ctrl+X to cut). Then put the cursor in the right place and press Ctrl+V to paste.

Jimmy

PM,

you don't need to use the mouse. Just select the relevant bit of text and press Ctrl+C to copy (or Ctrl+X to cut). Then put the cursor in the right place and press Ctrl+V to paste.

Jimmy

I don't think I'm right.

[iOne can even make uOne can even make up quotesp quotes]

Good job PM. You've got the color thing sorted!! Per ardua ad astra.

J

Translation, please Sir J? PM, "crtrl" should be on a key on your keyboard. CTRL C = Copy, CTRL X = Cut, CTRL V = Paste. Are you MAC or Windows, or something else?

M

Oh my!

Where have I gone?

So, Gene, you've discovered that you can edit quotes or the names of the poster? Pretty cool, huh? Oh, and congrats on your happiness with being unsophisticated. And colorful. And individual. Did they break the mold, by any chance?;)

Broke the mold and slapped my momma, but that's pretty normal for us!;)

I think Poodlemom has the quote problem, as through the happenstance of life we're wireless and thanks to MSGCurry pretty cutting edge computer wise, a lotta stuff from that Dell guy up in Austin.

I'm one of those that's met in the Waldorf, enjoyed your city the shows and the Museums etc. due to a cultural exchange program with you, trying to teach me to say Amazing instead of No Bull; while New Yorkers are wandering around Houston looking for a Hot Pastrami and a movie at 2 in the morning!!

Fifty dollar bob,

for the record I am not 16 or do I do party tricks - well maybe after a heavy day on QE2 & copious amounts of champagne whichI tend to drink quite a lot of whilst on QE2!!! I am 34 & do sometimes wear my white D Jacket with either a black or red bow tie!!!! I don't feel out of place & have seen many others with different colour bow ties & white D Jackets whether it's in the Queens Grill or the rest of the ship!

RJMS74

Even if a majority wore white dinner jackets outside the tropics this would not make it right. Especially in the North Atlantic.:eek:

What has the Queens Grill got to do with it anyway? :confused:

Even if a majority wore white dinner jackets outside the tropics this would not make it right. Especially in the North Atlantic.:eek:]

But we're in a land where majority rules!;)

P.S. I'm making a point and trying my quotes, too.

Guest Anorak33

Apart from anything else I find it rather difficult to get the stains out............so I certainly would not wear a white jacket if drinking red wine, or if anything was to be served with gravy.

I freely admit I am a messy eater, although I have now been trained to use those newfangled eating irons instead of eating with my paws its a little less.

Oh boy, those lucky tablemates to be on 2nd June cruise on QE2 must be eagerly anticipating dinner times.

fifty dollar bob,

I dine in the Queens Grill on every QE2 cruise & my observations re whether genetlemen wear white or black Dinner Jackets is where the QG Restaurant comes into the equation - & I can tell you no matter what cruise or crossing I've been on there are quite few of my fellow diners who wear a white DJ!!!!

In this day & age and a quite horrible world we live in - how futile it all seems worrying about what is right or wrong re dress code! I am just always happy to be back on the Queens of the Seas- not it's not QM2 I've tried her and did not like it very much - relaxing, having great food & service & usually I am in great Company too!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

What a great line Cunard is. Here we are discussing whether it is proper to wear a white dinner jacket, while another thread for a different cruise line wants to know if JUST a shirt and tie is OK for formal night.

I've been doing a bit of research about the tuxedo or in the U.K. the dinner jacket to find just when it came into vogue. There seems to be two different thoughts as to just who first came up with the jacket without tails and where and when it took place. Does anyone know which thought is correct? Also the white DJ seems to have become quite popular in the twenties and thirties, then lost its popularity for a while, but, has begun to make a return once again. Does anyone have any more information about the white dinner jacket?

By the way, Cunardqueen, is it a holiday in the U.K, today?

Yes we still have these things lm afraid,its called a bank holiday the banks are closed (if they could work any less hours they would be shut) no mail deliveries or collections (so the posties work twice as hard tomorrow) most of the shops are shut so the tourists cant spend any money, Hotels are open for business. welcome to the UK in 2008 :rolleyes: !!!!

Archived