Coke or Pepsi?

Jolynn2262

Can I get cans of Coke on the ship? Pepsi just doesn't do it for me, and I'm not a fountain soda drinker. I don't even drink the stuff often, but when I do, I need Coke in a can. I leave out of Copenhagen so bringing it with might be hard.

Jolynn

You will be very pleased then as there is no Pepsi on Princess, only Coke products.

But keep in mind, if you don't like fountain Coke, do not purchase the soda sticker. It is good only for fountain drinks. ;)

And just to add (edited of coarse), you can pre-order cans of coke to be waiting in your stateroom for your use. OR they are also available throughout the ship in cans at the bars.

The rooms come set up with some cans of soft drink in the cabin. Usually it is Coke and Diet Coke. Prefering Diet I will have the steward swap out the stuff with sugar for Diet Coke or a Diet Sprite (I think it is actually Sprite Zero),

The Cruise Answer Book we got last December, Pg 27 offers the following:

STATEROOM BEVERAGES

Soda Package

Choose any 6 sodas listed below in any combination for the price of 5: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Toto, you are amazing. How do you know so much? You are like a walking Princess encyclopedia!

I think I just pay a lot of attention onboard ships. And after 21 Princess cruises from 7-30 days in almost every part of the world, at least part of it sunk in. :)

I had so many questions before sailing difference cruise lines, but most were before the internet, so there was no way to find information readily available.

I try to help out when I can, and share what I have experienced. ;)

for the Coke cans in your cabin? I thought I read somewhere that it is $20 for 6? Umm? Yikes if this is so. There was also a posting here about bringing your own Coke and water. Will they allow you to bring them onboard? Questions, questions!!! :confused:

Yes, you are allowed to bring soft drinks, as long as you don't try to bring on a ton of it. Personally, we only bring on what they don't sell onboard, which is pepsi.

At the bar, if memory serves me correctly, a can of coke is $2 plus 15% gratuity.

Look at the gift section on Princess.com and it will tell you the exact price to pre-order cokes for your stateroom. I have never liked coke, so I don't pay a lot of attention to the price of sodas onboard.

Edited, just checked the gift section to save you the trouble. You can pre-order cokes for $10.75 for 6 cans. So, about half as bad as you thought it would be in price. ;)

The rooms come set up with some cans of soft drink in the cabin. Usually it is Coke and Diet Coke. Prefering Diet I will have the steward swap out the stuff with sugar for Diet Coke or a Diet Sprite (I think it is actually Sprite Zero),

The Cruise Answer Book we got last December, Pg 27 offers the following:

STATEROOM BEVERAGES

Soda Package

Choose any 6 sodas listed below in any combination for the price of 5: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

If you use the cans out of Coke out of the fridge, be prepared to get charged $2 each on our onboard account.

We do get the soda card, but we also bring along a couple of 12 packs of diet coke for use in the room - it is a hassel when you want soda in your room and have to leave the floor to get it at the bar. We never had a problem bringing soda on board in an extra duffel bag (we wrap in in a huge zip lock bag first, and then check it as checked luggage when we get to the pier). It has gotten to our room without a problem - this goes with bottled water as well.

All other cans on the ships are $2 each as well plus gratuity.

I thought I understood from other postings that there is a store at the pier in Whittier where you can buy sodas before boarding. True?

Our cruisetour is scheduled to arrive around 12:30 pm. We could get settled on ship and then go back out to the store to get supplies. Would it be hard to get back on the ship with all those people arriving? Sailaway isn't until 9:30 pm.

Thanks

Dorothy

Archived