Tracy Arm clear?

wlfarm

I read in previous posts that ships were able to get all the way to glacier last week. Does this mean that it will be clear for 2nd week of June? Or do ice conditions change within the season?

Thanks.

It changes every day, not only are you dependent on weather/water conditions, it also is very dependent on the cpt. Some just don't make it in where others do. You'll have to wait and find out what your particular day will bring. Many times it the "time" factor.

I'd also like to know the current water/ice condition in Tracy Arm Fjord. I'm thinking to take a day excursion from Juneau in the second week of June, and eager to know the likelihood for a small boat like the one operated by Goldbelt going beyond the "Y" near the end of fjord to meet Sawyer Glaciers.

Is there any latest info? Thanks.

I'd also like to know the current water/ice condition in Tracy Arm Fjord. I'm thinking to take a day excursion from Juneau in the second week of June, and eager to know the likelihood for a small boat like the one operated by Goldbelt going beyond the "Y" near the end of fjord to meet Sawyer Glaciers.

Is there any latest info? Thanks.

We were on the May 14th Adventure Bound small boat sailing to Tracy Arm.

South Sawyer was not accessible due to snow build-up/glacier ice pack in front of the glacier. However, we did make it very, very close to Sawyer Glacier. It was amazing.

The weather was rainy, windy and cold. Rough ride, several passengers were seasick. I hope you have better conditions the 2nd week of June.

B

Thanks all for sharing the latest info. I like the Tracy Arm photos taken from Golden Pricess. Is the glacier seen in those pictures the South Sawyer? I see no way to get closer to it because of ice.

As to the potential to have a rough ride due to weather, may I safely assume that it only happens during the cruise between Juneau and the entrance of Tracy Arm, and no more rough ride inside the fjord?

Archived