Table for Twelve in dining room?

Boo's Mom

No. They specifically have to attach two tables to make up a 12. We were a group of 10 on Millie and requested 1 table for all. When we got to the dining room, they had 2 tables set up and spaced apart for 6 and 4. We told them this was not satisfactory and waited until they put the 2 tables together. They then set us up this way for every dinner after that. I would go to the dining room once you are on board and speak with the Maitre'D and ensure they understand your request.

Joy

JMHO, but 12 is such a large table that inevitably some people will not be able to hear other people. I'd also be worried that they'd crowd you onto a too small table. Have you considered doing two tables of 6 in a "round robin" format where you rotate who sits where each night? We did that on our Infinity cruise (although we had 16 set up in two tables of 8). Celebrity said that was fine and just asked us to prepay our gratuities so the waiters were assured they were taken care of.

We had a group of 12 in Anytime Dining on Princess last March, and we basically achieved the same result by asking for two tables next to each other and mixing up who sat where each night.

--Junglejane

One table for 12 is totally not doable. I've even found the tables for 10 to be way crowded, shoulder to shoulder and not enough room for the table settings. Two tables for 6 would be a better choice.

We had a table for 12 on the Summit. They put an oval extender on a table for 10 that made it a bit larger. However, it was crowded, and we were not able to converse with anyone at the opposite end of the table. I would not recommend it, even though we requested it for that cruise. I would not ask for it again. Two tables for six would be much better, in my opinion.

The Millennium has tables for 10. On one of our transatlantics, they added two more to our table for 10 to make it a table for 12. The maitre'd came by and asked us if would be alright if they added two more. It was a little crowded but do-able. After that first night of 12, the couple they added didn't come back. But at a smaller table next to us was a couple whose tablemates never showed up. We were to talking to them and found out they preferred dining with others so we invited them to join us to replace the couple who never showed.

To help converse with so many at the table, we would always sit in different spots around the table each night so that over the 14 nights, we got to know all our tablemates.

Archived