Night before the cruise accomodations Ft Lauderdale

gettingmarried

There are hundreds that are available. Most depends on the price you are looking to pay. I admit, most have gone up in the past year or so to about double what they used to be.

We enjoy Embassy Suites on 17th Street because of it's location and access to the cruise port. But it is running about $200 per night now.

The old Amerisuites which is now the Hyatt Place used to be available for about $100 per night but is now over double since Hyatt took over.

We always stay at the La Quinta at 2620 North 26th Ave. in Hollywood, FL. There is a shopping/dining area within walking distance, and if you are driving you can park your car there during the cruise at no additional charge. There is also breakfast included (usual hotel fare...waffles, cinnamon rolls, toast, cereal, etc.) The hotel is very clean and the staff is great. They also have a shuttle to the cruise port.

Dittto what Toto said re hotel rates.

I booked January 15 2009 and was amazed at the price escalation. Lots of pax do stay at Embassy Suites, but the best price quote (including AAA, AARP and military discount) was $339/nite!!!

I actually booked the four diamond Hyatt Rgency Pier 66 for less, but it ain't cheap, either.

I don't have personal experience with them, but reportedly your best bet for a decent price is to try a bidding web site such as Priceline.

There are a number of good hotels near Port Everglades, but check Tripadvisor before booking. There are some flea bags, too.

We have stayed at two Mom & Pops with no trouble.

Prices were about $100/night last year.

They got very good ratings at Trip advisor.

One was very artsy... may not be to everyone's liking, just a block from the beach, which was what we wanted. The owner, Mick was totally charming. I was a little worried at first, but when I walked into the bathoorm, it was IMMACULATE. 50's tile, etc... My own bathroom isn't that sterile.

The other one, the owners were very nice and also very accomodating. It was Presidents Day, all that we could find. Clean also, and a block from the beach. We had a kitchenette, which came in handy. It was nice to have the fridge.

No bugs either one.

My sisters here, I'll post the names later.

AC

Just back from 1 night stay at Hyatt Place(behind Embassy Suites). FREE airport transfer, FREE cruise port transfer, FREE internet, FREE breakfast. $112/night booked thru valuetrips.com. 42" inch flat panel TV. Great room.

Just back from 1 night stay at Hyatt Place(behind Embassy Suites). FREE airport transfer, FREE cruise port transfer, FREE internet, FREE breakfast. $112/night booked thru valuetrips.com. 42" inch flat panel TV. Great room.

Just checked valuetrips.com...$99 per night thru 10/08! Great location...walking distance to many restaurants and shops.

Also the Sleep Inn in Dania, free shuttle to hotel, free shuttle to port, free breakfast, Walgreens across the parking lot, restaurants across the street, as well as a Publix that sells wine and has a larger than expected selection......rates vary depending upon how you book it.

Acceptable - not luxury, but we seem to keep going back there. It's clean. Also has a swimming pool.

Hi all,

Your question caught my eye since I've had the wonderful experience of going to FLL for a couple of cruises. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice. Sorry, not sure of the address, but it's 2 minutes from the port. Stayed October 06 and 07, and each time the room ran about $120 plus tax. Room was spacious, clean and airy, and the bathroom was sparkling. Shopping center across the street with restaurants. Would definitely go back again.

Add this to your list!

Starlongbeach

I bid on a room through Priceline and got one at Extended Stay America on 17 th St. for $50. I bid on a 2 Star property. We arent picky as long as its clean. Very clean, newly renovated rooms Good location. Two minute ride to the ship on embarkation day. 5 minutes from the airport. Restaurants and a Walgreens very close.

Also the Sleep Inn in Dania, free shuttle to hotel, free shuttle to port, free breakfast, Walgreens across the parking lot, restaurants across the street, as well as a Publix that sells wine and has a larger than expected selection......rates vary depending upon how you book it.

Acceptable - not luxury, but we seem to keep going back there. It's clean. Also has a swimming pool.

Yes, I can second this. In addition to the Walgreens and Publix there was a little fast food Chinese place and a health food type store. The room was nice...definitely not luxury, but spacious enough and clean. We stayed there the night before our Panama Canal cruise...made all the difference in the world as to how we felt the day of the cruise!

One was very artsy... may not be to everyone's liking, just a block from the beach, which was what we wanted. The owner, Mick was totally charming. I was a little worried at first, but when I walked into the bathoorm, it was IMMACULATE. 50's tile, etc... My own bathroom isn't that sterile.

The other one, the owners were very nice and also very accomodating. It was Presidents Day, all that we could find. Clean also, and a block from the beach. We had a kitchenette, which came in handy. It was nice to have the fridge.

No bugs either one.

AC

I am really interested in the names of the places you stayed in. I prefer these sometimes and have found one across A1A on a cul-de-sac not far from Bahia Mar to stay in for our next cruise.

Hi,

For the night before the cruise, does anyone have recommendations for a CLEAN (no bugs) hotel to lodge at?

We have stayed at the Cocobelle Inn twice before cruises, it is exceptionally clean, and within easy walking distance of the beach. Only about 5 minutes to Port Everglades.

Search for it Trip Advisor

RonC

We stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Sterling Road near the Airport. It is very clean and convenient. They have a shuttle from the airport, breakfast and a free shuttle to the ship. The cost for a suite is about $150.

Directly next door is a Comfort Inn which I would imagine is similar.

I can't believe there is any debate here. The Hyatt Place-North is great for $99 thru valuetrips! Check out the rooms....http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

(take the photo tour or photo gallery)

If you can beat this hotel for $99, then I apologize. Previously Amerisuites but Hyatt has done a great job with the renovation. Great location. FREE transfers. FREE breakfast. FREE internet. They pipe in a floral scent into the cool lobby...reminds me of Hawaii. On the down side, not beachfront but a great find for pre/post hotel cruise stay. Next door to Grumpy Gators and shares the parking lot with Outback. Located directly behind Embassy Suites...Do they have rooms for $99?

Hyatt Place (AKA the old Amerisuites) sounded good for us AGAIN, until I saw the price after October. The $99 special price ends then and goes up as high as Embassy Suites is for the rest of the winter into spring. :( :( Unfortunately.

I can't believe there is any debate here. The Hyatt Place-North is great for $99 thru valuetrips! Check out the rooms....http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

I `checked out the cost thru your link and this is the rate they gave me for March 26/09. Not cheap!

Hyatt.Com Rate Rate Details

Rate requires full prepayment and is subject to special cancellation penalty.

Room Type: King Bed Room Details

Thursday428.00

I `checked out the cost thru your link and this is the rate they gave me for March 26/09. Not cheap!

Hyatt.Com Rate Rate Details

Rate requires full prepayment and is subject to special cancellation penalty.

Room Type: King Bed Room Details

Thursday428.00

I think that link was posted to view the rooms only. The rates found were through www.valuetrips.com

Valuetrips will not release dates for 2009, usually not until late in the fall. Right now, up until October 22, 2008 the Hyatt Place is $99 plus tax each night. But after October 22 it jumps to $182/$197 thru December 31, 2008.

My guess, during the months of spring break, the price will also be very high. But until the new rates come out for 2009, it's only a guess. Rates vary on valuetrips depending on the season and the demand at that specific time of year.

I think that link was posted to view the rooms only. The rates found were through www.valuetrips.com

Valuetrips will not release dates for 2009, usually not until late in the fall. Right now, up until October 22, 2008 the Hyatt Place is $99 plus tax each night. But after October 22 it jumps to $182/$197 thru December 31, 2008.

My guess, during the months of spring break, the price will also be very high. But until the new rates come out for 2009, it's only a guess. Rates vary on valuetrips depending on the season and the demand at that specific time of year.

Bummer 2009 rates. Hopefully Valuetrips will release lower rates for 2009. I got the rate of $112 for my 5/4 cruise but since that time Valuetrips has lowered the rate for all rooms to $99 thru 10/08. I think that is an amazing deal.

Also, another great perk...self check-in/check-out at a kiosk. I was in my room in 2 minutes.

Those Hyatt rates are way too proud.

No bugs either one.

AC

AC,

Could you please give us the names of the Mom & Pops places.

Thank you,

Debr

(take the photo tour or photo gallery)

If you can beat this hotel for $99, then I apologize. Previously Amerisuites but Hyatt has done a great job with the renovation. Great location. FREE transfers. FREE breakfast. FREE internet. They pipe in a floral scent into the cool lobby...reminds me of Hawaii. On the down side, not beachfront but a great find for pre/post hotel cruise stay. Next door to Grumpy Gators and shares the parking lot with Outback. Located directly behind Embassy Suites...Do they have rooms for $99?

Price for November is $250 plus:D

We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn just south of the airport. Nice property. They have a little bistro and bar there for evening service. The hotel is next to the highway and only about 10 - 15 minutes from the port.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Archived