Traditional Dinner seatings

956wenbrook

I enjoy the traditional style dinner seating and look forward to meeting new people. We prefer second over first to allow more time to relax on tours. I don't know if we have been just lucky or the cruise line actually does "matching" so i wanted to ask. How do they arrange the dinner tables (Crown Princess)? Do they attempt to match by age and/ or interest from profiles? Or is it just random? I would prefer passengers more like us (age and habits ect...) but am pretty outgoing to anybody tbh. Can I make a special request to our upcoming cruise (calling the cruise line or going through our TA) that I would really prefer passengers our general age or younger that match the cruise profile we fill out? Or is that rude and or simply going to do nothing?

On a side note does anybody know or explain to me the "corking" policy for wine on Princess? I think I can buy wine duty free and have it in my room or at dinner for a corking fee of like 6 bucks? Trying to decide if this is cheaper than ordering a bottle at dinner every night or due to the corking fee washing out the "duty free" benefit its just not worth it.

I'm not sure they really try to "match" dinner companions, except trying to perhaps seat families with other families! We've been seated with all different ages, and aside from some very young adults (who couldn't seem to carry on a conversation with real adults!), all have made for a very interesting and fun dinnertime! We were once seated with a much older couple who were a hoot and a half!

Hmmm interesting. Wonder if we were just "lucky". For example, our first cruise (2001, Nov. 3rd Celebrity Millenium) we were just married and everybody on our 10 person table was less than 2 years married, fairly new to cruising, our age (+/-) 5 years and no kids. The next 2 cruises I won and was simply put into the "winners" table group and seemed to match somewhat. Maybe it was just Celebrity? It is my opinion that the dinner table can make or break my cruise. So far the better the table the better the cruise but that could be just coincidence! Just curious and I appreciate the responses!

Archived