Captain's Welcome Aboard party?

viviandr

Hi all! I'm hoping some of you can tell me about the Welcome Aboard party.

I will be going on my second Princess Cruise in December with my daughter who will be on her first. I know I will be invited to the Captain's Welcome Aboard party and she will not. I'm kind of shy in a group of people I don't know and am wondering what the party is like, how long it lasts, and what you do there. I am working on pressing myself to do more outgoing things, and an idea of what to expect will help me push forward.

Any thoughts?

The Captain's Welcome Party is normally on the first formal night. Everyone on the ship is invited. They will serve drinks (watered down) and canapes.

On the second formal night is the Captain's Circle cocktail party. Everyone who has been on one or more prior cruises with Princess is invited. You will get an invite and your daughter can go with you. Drinks and munchies are the same as the other party.

The Captain's Welcome Party is normally on the first formal night. Everyone on the ship is invited.

On the second formal night is the Captain's Circle cocktail party. Everyone who has been on one or more prior cruises with Princess is invited. You will get an invite and your daughter can go with you.

Oh, thanks! I was confused. I did mean the Captain's Circle coctail party. I didn't realize I could bring her with me. That way I can give her the option of a watered down free drink or a full priced better one with me at the martini bar! ;)

Hi,

This Oct. will be my 5th cruise on Princess and we are traveling on the Crown. I have a question on the Captain's Circle Cocktail party. I have always accepted what drinks the waiters were serving, but are you able to order anything different that is free of charge?

Thanks,

Brenda

You can order almost anything you want by just going to the bar during the cocktail parties. We just sit at the bar and order what we want. We always tip the bartender and have no trouble getting what we want. I usually order a toasted almond martini--yummy!

You can order almost anything you want by just going to the bar during the cocktail parties. We just sit at the bar and order what we want. We always tip the bartender and have no trouble getting what we want. I usually order a toasted almond martini--yummy!

:D :D :D

Hi,

This Oct. will be my 5th cruise on Princess and we are traveling on the Crown. I have a question on the Captain's Circle Cocktail party. I have always accepted what drinks the waiters were serving, but are you able to order anything different that is free of charge?

Thanks,

Brenda

Yes, you can order something from the waiter/waitress & they will bring it. I ask for a glass of wine. While it is not the best wine, it is not watered down like the drinks.

WHY have you been holding back on me? I never knew that. Of course I only went to two of these and after the crappy drinks they serve I have skipped the rest. :D

Mike:)

We avoid the Captain's Welcome Aboard and Captain's Circle parties like the plague. Yes, you get a free drink but that's not enough incentive for us to fight the crowds. We'd much rather find a lounge where the service is great because there are few people there. :)

We avoid the Captain's Welcome Aboard and Captain's Circle parties like the plague. Yes, you get a free drink but that's not enough incentive for us to fight the crowds. We'd much rather find a lounge where the service is great because there are few people there. :)

That has also been my feelings Pam. I just don't do crowds well.:o

Mike:)

Oy vey those again:D :D

I'm still remembering that picture that Jane took with all those toasted almond martinis encircling our table. I'm surprised we were able to walk after all those. Must have been 10 or 12 of them at our table.:p

...but don't confuse this with pre-tipping. :) ;)

I see that in October you are going on the Sapphire Princess, when is your cruising date, mine is the 18th and this is my very first cruise and I am so excited.

So what does the Captain do, give some kind of speech and then everyone is on their own. If a person is a non drinker are these worth going to.

The Captain gives a speach, tells of things to come with Princess Cruises, introduces the most traveled passengers onboard and presents them with their prize, etc etc.

We haven't done the welcome aboard party in years and years, the Captain's Circle party, occasionally. Usually depends on if we are traveling with others that would like to go. If it's just us, we also avoid it at all costs, especially if it is very crowded. Some sailings, it isn't, other times it's packed, those are the ones we usually avoid.

Archived