Hawaiin cruises

Royal Caribbean ONLY does Hawaii in the Spring and Fall--for repositioning cruises. I know this because, when our family was looking to book a Hawaiian cruise, I called and asked. (My countdown clock tells you we're booked on the Serenade in May: Honolulu to Vancouver.) They go from Enseñada to Honolulu and then from Honolulu to Vancouver in the Spring. In the Fall, they go from Vancouver to Honolulu and then from Honolulu to Enseñada.

I don't know if that'll change any time soon, though!

MadShadow-Celebrity (RCL family) does a 14 night San Diego-San Diego trip. It's on the Infinity and leaves from San Diego. Four sea days, then five port days in a row: Kauai, Oahua, Hilo & Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii, Maui, then five sea days with 1 hour in Ensenada (11 PM-11:59 PM) and then San Diego next morning. This itinerary would be better than docking in Ensenada and then shuttle-bussing it back to San Diego which some of the cruises do.

Technically, the Jones Act pertains principally to shipping. The related law, the Passenger Services Act of 1886, is pretty much "the Jones Act for passengers."

I believe that running the cruise round-trip from a continenal US port is permitted (like the San Diego roundtrip describe by cujosmom) as well as a voyage that stops at a qualifying foreign port, such as Fanning Island.

We made the trip in October 2001 on the Radiance from Vancouver to Hawaii on a 12 night cruise. It was a great experience, and would go again in a heart beat. We stayed a few extra nights in Hawaii at the end and had the best of both worlds experience.

jc

We our also going in May of 2005.Honolulu to Vancouver on RCCl. Has anyone gone on this cruise ? If so would like some input thank you.

Hi marywelsh10....are you traveling on the Serenade? My DH's family has a group of 12 going from Honolulu to Vancouver next May. I started a Roll Call awhile back (it's here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=55559). So far, looks like no one has checked in!

We are sooooo excited!

Hi marywelsh10....are you traveling on the Serenade? My DH's family has a group of 12 going from Honolulu to Vancouver next May. I started a Roll Call awhile back (it's here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=55559). So far, looks like no one has checked in!

We are sooooo excited!

Hi, yes we are on the Serenade.MY self and huband and our two friends. I am also from PA. south of Pittsburgh. I can't wait either have been on many cruises but am excited about this one.

Archived