Can someone please tell me if HAL's single supp is 150% or 200%?

CowPrincess

I've convinced a friend to join us on our next cruise, and she'll be in her own cabin so was wondering if anyone can tell me what the single supplement is. Thanks in advance!!

Depends on the cruise and the cabin accommodations.

I generally pay about 140% to 150%, but that's in an inside cabin. If she wants a balcony, though, she's probably gonna be 200%. Single supplements are only generally attractive for inside and outside cabins. Once you get into balconies or suites, you pay 200%.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I've convinced a friend to join us on our next cruise, and she'll be in her own cabin so was wondering if anyone can tell me what the single supplement is. Thanks in advance!!

It varies depending upon the category of cabin one chooses.

Usually it's 125 - 150% for the Inside cabins, 150% for Outside cabins, 175% for a Verandah outside cabins, and 190 or 200% for a Suite. Sometimes, when HAL is trying to sell a ship, they'll lower the single supplement. I've heard of some sales where they dropped the SS altogether just to sell the ship, but that was back in 2001 and 2002, right after 911.

It varies depending upon the category of cabin one chooses.

Usually it's 125 - 150% for the Inside cabins, 150% for Outside cabins, 175% for a Verandah outside cabins, and 190 or 200% for a Suite. Sometimes, when HAL is trying to sell a ship, they'll lower the single supplement. I've heard of some sales where they dropped the SS altogether just to sell the ship, but that was back in 2001 and 2002, right after 911.

You sure about the balconies? I was told by my TA that balconies almost always incur a 200% single supplement. The only exception to that would be on a VERY slow selling cruise where HAL might give the single a break just to fill the "dammed" stateroom.

Blue skies ...

--rita

She'll go with an inside cabin (cheaper), and we'll probably go with a veranda so we can all enjoy it. I'm very excited -- this is the lady I used to cruise with and haven't had the chance in the last few years to do anything like this

You sure about the balconies? I was told by my TA that balconies almost always incur a 200% single supplement. The only exception to that would be on a VERY slow selling cruise where HAL might give the single a break just to fill the "dammed" stateroom.

It depends upon classification of ship. On the S&R ships the A/B Verandas go for either 190% or 200%, depending upon the sailing, because they are designated as "Verandah Suites." They are NOT so classified (they're not given the "suite" designation) on the Vista class ships. The Verandah Outsides on these ships are charged 175% Single Supplements. The Deluxe Verandah Suites have gone for 200% since 2006; before that, I think they were 190%.

She'll go with an inside cabin (cheaper), and we'll probably go with a veranda so we can all enjoy it. I'm very excited -- this is the lady I used to cruise with and haven't had the chance in the last few years to do anything like this

She should estimate about 145%, on average, depending upon the sailing, for her single supplement. It may be cheaper, but an inside cabin is never charged more than 150%.

My mother's inside cabin on our Zuiderdam Alaska cruise in 2009 is being charged at 140%.

She should estimate about 145%, on average, depending upon the sailing, for her single supplement. It may be cheaper, but an inside cabin is never charged more than 150%.

It depends - I booked a last minute fare in October (for December) and paid 200% for an inside on the Oosterdam. Even at 200% - I got a pretty good rate.

Eight HAL cruises as a solo and I have never paid more than a 50 percent supplement to the per person double rate. This includes 7 outsides and 1 verandah. The Verandah was Vista class. A few times it was a little less.

Like the others stated, it varies on when you are sailing and what ship you are on.

My rates on HAL have varied from 130% to 150%. I'm booked in the fall on a cruise that was running an outside for inside cabin pricing and I got this for 135%.

Sometimes on the Vista ships you can snag a balcony for 150%, but normally in the fall. Forget about below 200% on a balcony for Alaska. These are prime cabins.

But overall, HAL offers some good rates for the single cruisers.

Happy sailing!!

That's easy:

Perform a faux booking for your cruise on HAL's web site alternating the number of passengers from two to one. Do the math and you'll have the sgl supp rate.

Archived