QM2 Deck 6- B2 Cabin

rambler-dhaka

I know I am spending much too much time reading following countless threads on the Forum, when questions crop up in my mind that that end up needlessly causing concern.

I have read in the Forum that people with Cabins on Deck 6 find that they are disturbed by the noise made by early morning joggers on Deck 7. Is this true? Can anyone who has been on QM2 Deck 6, shed some light on this problem.

I ask this question with great trepidation, as I fear someone may end up telling me "to get a life".

Please be gentle in response!! Thanks all.

My wife and I have had an In-Hull Cabin on deck 6 a few times now and have never had a problem with noise from deck 7. We have gotten the same cabin which is in the middle of the ship.

Ed

I hope you are peaceful, I have no idea why these people feel the need to JOG around the deck, they make a noise running, annoy people under them in cabins, they run at a fiar speed getting in the way of people sitting, walking on the deck, they drive me crazy.

WOULD be joggers, there is gym on the ship, they have treadmills, GO RUN on them, jog all day, jog all night but keep off the deck, leave it others to enjoy.

BTW I use the treadmill and powerwalk a good 5 miles or so,

I hope you are peaceful, I have no idea why these people feel the need to JOG around the deck, they make a noise running, annoy people under them in cabins, they run at a fiar speed getting in the way of people sitting, walking on the deck, they drive me crazy.

WOULD be joggers, there is gym on the ship, they have treadmills, GO RUN on them, jog all day, jog all night but keep off the deck, leave it others to enjoy.

BTW I use the treadmill and powerwalk a good 5 miles or so,

Great post :D :D

I know I am spending much too much time reading following countless threads on the Forum, when questions crop up in my mind that that end up needlessly causing concern.

I have read in the Forum that people with Cabins on Deck 6 find that they are disturbed by the noise made by early morning joggers on Deck 7. Is this true? Can anyone who has been on QM2 Deck 6, shed some light on this problem.

I ask this question with great trepidation, as I fear someone may end up telling me "to get a life".

Please be gentle in response!! Thanks all.

Before we went on the QM2 I read everything I could to learn about the ship. One thing I read several times that it was likely that noise could be a possibility on Deck 6 from the many joggers. So when we booked our cruise we decided on a cabin (ours was a hull balcony cabin ) on deck 5, a deck that is sandwiched between two decks with only cabins.

I still don't know if Deck 6 would have been noisy or not.

I was also nervous when I began to post on this site in October, but most people are very nice, and you can learn a great deal before you go.

I am wondering if any of you have had cabins on Deck 6 and experienced this or are you repeating what you have heard?

If they are running after 9am then I would not hear them as I am not in the cabin.

But I usually am awake by 6am and have never had a problem with anyone running. I guess it might depend if you don't get up until 9 or 10.

Ed

I am wondering if any of you have had cabins on Deck 6 and experienced this or are you repeating what you have heard?

If they are running after 9am then I would not hear them as I am not in the cabin.

But I usually am awake by 6am and have never had a problem with anyone running. I guess it might depend if you don't get up until 9 or 10.

Ed

I agree. You can sleep in when you get home- too much to do, too many things to see to stay in bed.:cool:

My brother lives in Williamsburg by the way.

Hi lauraam,

I hope your brother enjoys it here. We just moved here last November. It is a great area with lots of history to see.

There is also the biggest Maritime Museum (in the Americas) here in Newport News (I volunteer at the museum). Great place to see and has several builders models of Cunard, White Star Line, Holland America, and United States Lines ships.

Ed

Hi lauraam,

I hope your brother enjoys it here. We just moved here last November. It is a great area with lots of history to see.

There is also the biggest Maritime Museum (in the Americas) here in Newport News (I volunteer at the museum). Great place to see and has several builders models of Cunard, White Star Line, Holland America, and United States Lines ships.

Ed

They only moved there last year too. I'll tell him to visit the museum. I visited them at Christmas and New Year. Christmas Eve in Colonial Williamsburg was magical.

We have recently been onboard on deck 6, room 6219 and found no noise at all from above. We were sometimes up at 6am but other times we slept until almost noon after very late nights. Maybe room positioning has something to do with it but we had no problems whatsoever.

We were in an in hull balcony stateroom.

I am wondering if any of you have had cabins on Deck 6 and experienced this or are you repeating what you have heard? Ed

We have not had a problem with joggers on deck 6. However, we had an inside cabin (6214) on one of our QM2 cruises which was directly below the King's Court. We did have noise late at night and very early in the morning.

Beth

Hi Rob, the signs i saw posted around deck seven were jogging only allowed between 8.00am and 6.00pm, that said on our May 4th b2b when we promenaded on deck there wasnt many of that strange species about, compared to nov 06 when every man and his dog was running around. I think the sharpshooters are winning....USE THE GYM!

Just a little by word i think the in hull balcony (on a transatlantic) is much better than the high glass balconies as we have now tried both. Its so nice to look outside and be close to the sea, also pretty well sheltered from the constant wind...spent many a half hour (even in the high winds..even more so!) watching the world go bye.

QM2 what a ship.

Fred & Sian

Hi Rob, the signs i saw posted around deck seven were jogging only allowed between 8.00am and 6.00pm, that said on our May 4th b2b when we promenaded on deck there wasnt many of that strange species about, compared to nov 06 when every man and his dog was running around. I think the sharpshooters are winning....USE THE GYM!...

Also the ball bearings left on deck, and the hot oil being poured from above.:D

Before we went on the QM2 I read everything I could to learn about the ship. One thing I read several times that it was likely that noise could be a possibility on Deck 6 from the many joggers. So when we booked our cruise we decided on a cabin (ours was a hull balcony cabin ) on deck 5, a deck that is sandwiched between two decks with only cabins.

I still don't know if Deck 6 would have been noisy or not.

I was on the Memorial Day sailing last week, and this was my 4th time in a deck 6 cabin. Still no noise from above ... Still a great and easy location. :) ;)

• 2 years later...

I love Deck 6 and try to be under Winter Garden or the Canyon Ranch area. Nice when weather is rough and did have the King's Court once as my upper neighbor. Only sound was scraping of chairs a few times.

Like to be in a balcony in midship if there is any rough seas. If you have every had the pleasure on a TA of the library floor on QM2 dropping from your feet you will also learn to love the lower decks. Only will take a PG when we are doing a non TA due to my sea sickness.

Also did notice that the weight room may not be the best spot to be under due to any fimble hands.

Archived