Anyone Travel from California to San Juan- Advice

blueladybug

We are thinking of doing a group cruise in late june of 2010. We are thinking of going out of San Juan, but think the long flight to San Juan might be too much for some of us. Can anyone who has traveled by air from California to San Juan give me some advice? I also think that airfare prices might be too much? Thanks!

We are thinking of doing a group cruise in late june of 2010. We are thinking of going out of San Juan, but think the long flight to San Juan might be too much for some of us. Can anyone who has traveled by air from California to San Juan give me some advice? I also think that airfare prices might be too much? Thanks!

I would advise flying in 2 days prior. It will help you rest and get some what used to the time change.

Unless you are dead set on having to sail from SJ might I suggest a Florida departure? You maybe be able to get non stop flights from CA to FL which might help matters.

Gauge the age and physical limitations of your travel partners and do what is best for everyone involved. Flying is far from what it used to be in the old days. Now its get them on get them off, if we mess up so what. Its nothing more than being seated on a greyhound bus for hours on end except you are flying and not driving.

Sometimes vacation is a lot of work. :(

I have not flown it before. However, we are flying AA LAX/SJU Nov 22nd 11:45pm, arriving Nov 23rd 10:30am. It may not be ideal, but it was the best schedule for us (work/school, etc.). If AA is close to being on time, there will be no worries. Board the plane..have a few drinks...wake up in San Juan! :)

We fly from the Seattle area.

Anytime we fly that long of a distance, we break it up into two segments.

Usually, Seattle to Miami. We then spend a couple of days in Miami or drive down to the Keys and spend a couple of days. This allows us to get rested and acclimated to the time change and the weather.

We then head back to the airport and fly into our final carribbean destination.

We flew Delta two months ago from San Francisco to San Juan. Yes, it was a long day, however we chose to book a 3 hour connection in Atlanta rather than just a one hour transfer. The extra time in Atlanta allowed us a good stretch of legs, time to browse the shops and enjoy a nice relaxing meal. Although we arrived San Juan two hours later by having the longer Atlanta layover, we felt it was worth it.

Archived