Young Adults-Where To They Meet On Board?

geocruiser

Hi,

We will be on Noordam 1/13/09 traveling with my sister in law and her grand daughter (who is my 21 year old beautiful grand niece).

Before some one suggested that at night in the Crow's nest, there might be some younger people from the staff for her to meet .

Are there any other suggestions on any places (or things to do) that might be a place for her to meet people her own age? I know that a ten night cruise doesn't have as many younger people on it as a seven day cruise. But I would like her to have some company of adults around her age not just us "old folks"

Thanks,

Maria

The Northern Lights Disco perhaps?

There will not be many "staff" people to meet these days as the rules for them fraternizing are very strict, except for CD staff and officers.

The Piano Bar can also be lively but it depends on the cruise.

We have never found the Crows Nest to be at all lively in the evenings.

Mid January is a tough time to cruise for a 21 year old because most are headed back to school and HAL does not generally allow young adults ( under 25) to cruise without someone at least 25 in the cabin. In otherwords, HAL does not attract a lot of unescourted young adults.

Mid January is a tough time to cruise for a 21 year old because most are headed back to school and HAL does not generally allow young adults ( under 25) to cruise without someone at least 25 in the cabin. In otherwords, HAL does not attract a lot of unescourted young adults.

The policy relating to chaperones only applies to those aged under 21.

Here it is:

Guests Under 21

Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone who is at least 25 years old; one adult chaperone is required for every five people under the age of 21. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to guests under age 21. Due to limited medical facilities on the ships, we will not accept reservations for infants under 6 months old at time of sailing. For transocean crossings, or other itineraries which our Medical Department feel present a significant risk, infants must be a minimum of 12 months of age at embarkation.

Minors under age 18 traveling to certain foreign countries must be accompanied by both parents or have a notarized letter of consent signed by the parent(s) not traveling. If the other parent is deceased or the child has only one legal parent, a notarized statement must be obtained as proof.

brucory :D :D :D

They will probably have a 20s & 30s get-together in Northern Lights the first night. It's a great way for her to meet people her age since many of them are in one place at the same time that first night.

Yes. That would be for the first night. Beyond that, only the people who monitor the security cameras know for sure. ;)

Smooth sailing...

There may be a singles/solos get-together or luncheon. She could also try that as a way to meet other singles. They wouldn't necessarily be her age, but it's worth a shot.

She may even find that age isn't such a big deal in having fun. Who's she's with is. :)

Thank you all for your help. This will be my eight HAL cruise and I didn't even know the name of the disco. I guess you can tell I never went to the Northern Lights Disco. My grand niece will be in the same cabin as her grandmother. She is not worried about other young adults being on board. I was the one who was worried. Just want her to have the best time of her life. But then again she is going on HAL-so it should be.

She is off from college until we get back form the cruise. (OK, she will miss two days).

Thanks again,

Maria

I suggest she might want to try the gym or the basketball court. I met and had very nice conversations with younger guests at poolside. She might also meet the younger set if she signs up for some of the shore excursions that are labeled as active or strenuous. She may find that asking ship personnel to point out some of the younger passengers to her may be of help. It is also quite possible she will find that older ones can be enjoyable company.

Archived